Swell Rider NC Weekend Report..11/7-8

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Swell Rider, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

What a great weekend to get back on the water after being on the hard for 3months. Both mornings we were greeted with light and slight. Not wanting to deal with the inshore boat traffic no matter how good the Gag bite has been I headed off to were I left them biting back in August..Had the usual cast of Swell Rider charaters with me, Kennedy, Wesco and Phil. Once we got set up on the piece it didn't take long for a few fish to hit the deck, it was a good call to head offshore 30nm because it was a real good mix of Grouper, Gags, Reds, Scamps and ARS plus all the other bottom fair, some monster Pinkies and plenty of AJ'S on the jigs and poppers and if B-liners were still open we could have sunk the boat with all the 2-4# we caught sunday. We fished in 90' to 110' of water with the temp pushing 76 there were also big schools of small Mahi just about everywhere in the area we were fishing Sunday..Aside from all the larger Grouper we caught there was a great showing of juvinial Grouper which is a great sign, hey Joe I don't think there reproducing yet!!LOL. Anyway I'll keep fishing till I get shut down in Dec..Hopefully the weather will stay nice..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JfishKing

JfishKing Senior Member

Excelent job and a great report... Thanks for the photos.

Cant wait to get out there.

3. DANTE25

DANTE25 Senior Member

THINKING ABOUT GETTIN GOWN THERE IN DECEMBER AT THAT TIME OF YEAR ARE THE FISH GOIGN OFF? AND CAN WE CATCH THEM ON JIGS OR IS IT A BAIT THING?

4. andreasoulis

andreasoulis Junior member

OK... OK.. I'm posting house -boat -car and wife for sale get back on a student visa and return... Gooooood job people. I'm eating my lures and giges out and curce on the mechanic taking a month for servicing my boat... Wher's the passport???

5. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

Dec is a great month for Grouper and AJ fishing in NC..Also the Bluefin Tuna are starting to show up out of Morehead City..The run to the grounds for the Grouper and AJ'S is between 25 to 40 nm and much closer for the BFT...I operate out of Atlantic Beach/Morehead City in Dec and Jan so if your looking at doing a trip let me know..Jigs or Bait doesn't matter...

Ken

6. Custom Canvas

Custom Canvas Member

PRETTY WORK KENNY

GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK IN GOOD OL NC LOOK ME UP FOR SOME BLUEFINNING THIS WINTER....

7. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

You got it Zack..I'll have the boat back in AB these weekend..