Swell Rider..NC Report..08/04

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Swell Rider, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

Well finially a day with little or no wind at least in the morning...We left WB around 5:30 were greated by a left over wind swell around 3' every 5 or 6 " not to bad at all just backed off the sticks alittle for a smoother ride..First few stops were in the 30 nm range an area that we've been fishing prior to the non stop wind, not much current and the water seem alittle dirty but we managed to put a couple Gags in the box along with a few monster Sea Bass, the funny thing was kennedy almost got rocked by one of the bigger ones..We continiued to work off to the East with each stop giving up a few nice keeper grouper along with a nice mixed bag of Pinkies and Sea Bass..Had the mahi around the boat for most of the day as well they were small but are always fun on light tackle..The wind did it's usual afternoon thing but we were pretty much wrap up by the time it start to blow abit..All our fishing was done in 16 to 18 fathoms today with the usual baits, sardeens, cigar minnows and Mackeral..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. silver335

silver335 Senior Member

Are those 2 gags even 24" that the guy in the white shirt are holding??????

3. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

Your kidding me right??? Always some smart ass comment...

4. wadefisherman

wadefisherman Tuna Club Member

There's always a junior game warden on every fishing forum!

5. kenner21

kenner21 Member

Are those 2 gags even 24" that the guy in the white shirt are holding??????

Thats the first type of this crap I've seen over here. Way to go guy

6. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

It's a first for me on this site as as well...But every site has it's guys that feel the need to just post negitive stuff..I not in the business of killing illegal fish or would I post the pictures..Just another internet fisherman spreading his wealth of knowledge..