SWELL RIDER..NC REPORT..06/28 MORE OF THE SAME!!

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Swell Rider, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

All I have to say is this weather has been great and well needed!!! Today I had Steve the Pirate and his dad Joe out again, Beautiful morning Light ENE winds around 5kts a 2-3' SE Swell at about 8 sec made our run nice and easy to the first spot. Stopped alittle short and anchored up on a pieces of bottom I ran over that looked real interesting, picked some nice Sea Bass and a Keeper American Red off the spot but the current had us laying side 2 to the swell, tried repositioning a couple times but just couldn't quite get on it the way I need to to fish the spot right, next time...Moved off another 7 miles and SW of were I've been fishing alot of action with the Porgy's, Sea Bass and small Scamps and god there was a ton of scamps in this area all around 19"..As soon as the tide turned we started picking at the keeper Grouper, Steve again landed his personal best a nice Gag Grouper, Red and keeper Scamp barely but a keeper!! There were some real nice Gags in the area, had one blow up my Torium 30, had the fish 5' from the surface and it wanted no part of that and neither did the anti-reverse on the reel..Oh well!!!! We also had a few real nice Mahi on the lite line, caught a few lost a few still alot of fun hearing the real scream.. It's great to see that Steven is become quite a good Grouper Fisherman, he LISTEN'S and want to learn something most guys don't do, he's been a big help on the boat and has been great having him out, now I have to deflate his Ego......All in All it was a great day, fishing was alittle slower for us today compared to the rest of the week but we still managed to put together a good catch..Keep the good weather coming.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gman

gman Senior Member

great report Ken, miss that fishery now that were concentrating somewhere else. Tight lines and no luck on our mysterious friend

3. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

great report Ken, miss that fishery now that were concentrating somewhere else. Tight lines and no luck on our mysterious friend

I was going to ask you about that...I saw the picture of the mystery man but I have know idea who he was, never fished with me!!! I give you a call later..