SWELL RIDER..NC REPORT..06/25..GROUPER, MAHI AND MORE!!

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Swell Rider, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

EVERY NOW AND THEN THINGS JUST ALL COME TOGETHER AND THIS WAS ONE OF THOSE WEEKS...HAD WESCO, SKIPPY AND EDDIE OUT TODAY FOR ANOTHER DAY OF GROUPER FISHING...LEFT WB AT AROUND 5:45AM WITH ANOTHER GREAT SUNRISE AND FLAT OCEAN..WE'VE BEEN FISHING AROUND THE 35 TO 40 NM MARK BUT TODAY I CHOSE TO STOP SHORT AND FISH AN AREA THAT PRODUCED SOME GOOD NUMBERS FOR ME LAST SUMMER..WE HAD THE CURRENT PUSHING UP AGAINST THE WIND IN THE MORNING SO WE HAD TO COMPINSATE BY BRIDILING THE ANCHOR WHICH HELP PUT US ON THE PIECE..RIGHT AWAY WE HAD MAHI AROUND THE BOAT AND EDDIE BEING FROM UPSTATE NEW YORK HAD NEVER DONE MUCH IF ANY SALTWATER FISHING SO HE WAS UP ON THE ROD WITH HIS FIRST MAHI..AFTER THE SHOWER OF BLOOD WE ALL TOOK AS THE FISH CAME OVER THE RAIL IT WAS BACK TO BUSINESS WITH THE RED AND SCAMP GROUPER..THE CONDITIONS DIDN'T SEEM TO BOTHER THE FISH THEY JUST KEPT COMING...REDS, SCAMPS, JUMBO PINKIES, B-LINERS, SEA BASS AND YES AMERICAN REDS, IT WAS JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS I'LL CHALK IT UP TO DUMB LUCK FOR STOPPING SHORT BUT IT WAS GREAT TO SEE THESE FISH IN THIS AREA..THERE WERE VERY FEW THROW BACKS THE RED SNAPPER WERE ALL IN THE 19" RANGE SO THEY ALL LIVE TO SEE ANOTHER DAY, NO GAGS TODAY BUT PLENTY OF REDS AND SCAMPS TO HELP FILL THE BOX...IT WAS A GREAT WEEK ON THE WATER, ALITTLE MANTAINCE TODAY AND WE'LL BE BACK AT IT AGAIN SUNDAY JUST HOPING THAT THIS IS THE WEATHER PATTERN FOR THE SUMMER....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rhale

rhale Senior Member