Swell Rider NC, Report...06/01

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Swell Rider, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

June 1st it's hard to believe but today was a day of ups and downs..Left the dock around 6am was greeted with a beautiful sunrise and flat calm seas, what a way to start the day..Our first stop was in the 35nm range hit the piece and the screen lite up like a christmas tree. As soon as you hit the bottom you were hooked up with either a Big Porgy or a small Scamp Grouper, we didn't have much current so we made a few short drifts till things straightend out. Once we drop the hook it was on with the Red Grouper, after farming a few off we started to fill the box. It seemed that everytime Kennedy or myself were hooked up the light line would go off with eother a Mahi or King Mackeral this kept up for a couiple hrs..Pull the anchore to reposition on the piece and thats when the starboard engines lower unit blew not the way I wanted to end the day but things happen..We limped in on one at a blistering 9kts thank god it was calm, on the brightside Kennedy started to make some civeche earlier in the day and with the long ride in we were able to enjoy it.. Boats in the shop being worked on hopefully have it back by the first part of next week, figers crossed that the warrenty holds up...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ToneyC

ToneyC Senior Member

Nice catch! Sorry to hear about the boat.

3. Billiam

Billiam Moderator

Nice grouper Ken + Kennedy. Anything particular wrong with the boat?

4. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

Blew the lower unit on one of the motors..It's being fixed now should have it back next week..Heading to Hatteras this weekend to fish on a friends boat, should be a good trip..

5. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

Nice work on the fish, Ken. Hope you are back on the water and slaying em again real soon.

6. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

nice grouper ken.....i still need to come for a pure grouper jigging trip

7. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

Bret,

I'll let you know what we find on this Hatteras Trip, we'll be jigging only, Snowy Grouper, Snapper, Tiles..If these spot produce like they did over the winter I'll be setting up a few trips back to that area. Stand by..Ken