360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With as slow as the BFT fishing has been we took advantage of the great weather and headed to the break.. Lines in before the sun came up, marked a bunch of bait and fish holding tight to a ledge in 30fths, first pass and it was game on.. This fish dump 40# of drag on the planer rod like it didn't exsist..A couple runs before a nice 50# Hoo hit the deck. After a couple of lost fish on the Mono rigs the planer rod does it's job again and another stud Wahoo in the box.. The amount of bait that was in the stream was off the hook no wonder the bft are not inshore feeding.. Headed inshore to a piece that was holding some Jumbo Sea Bass, not much current so I didn't drop the hook and it didn't take long before the cooler was full with 3# to 5#plus Sea bass. Along with the bass came 2 of the largest American Red Snapper I have ever caught in NC as well as 3 large Gag Grouper pushing 25# plus..The Grouper and Snapper were released since the season is closed but right now if you fish in 200 plus foot of water the Black and Warsaw Grouper fishing is, well I'll just say pretty damn good..

Ken

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts