360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Gulf Coucil just voted for Action1.Alt2. which increases the red snapper TAC 6.9 million pounds. But due to over fishing in the recreational sector
Dr Crabtree announced that the rec sector will have a 51-60 day season starting June 1, 2010, the actual close date will be announced in May because the TEXAS data is still not in, We just lost 14 to 23 days of Red Snapper fishing because of the unaccountable fishing in our sector after getting close to 835,000 more pounds. Contact the council today and give us your support. Public Testimony is today. Emails will help address them to the Chairman and send them to Trish any questions please call 850-259-5482, [email protected]. Reminder to add the date, name and contact information if you do subit via email.
Something else that was tossed around yesterday. We were asked would you rather have a long season and drop the bag limit to 1 snapper per person or leave as is. I see the AJ's and Groupers following soon here after. When asked when we will be addressing those bag limits it was stated we simply don't know right now we have a lot on the table. Please support your for hire companies. I am an SOS supporter which is Save Our Sector, you can google this online and read about the plan. We are still working on tweaking some things but all in all I feel Texas has a pretty good strong core group.
I will be attending the public testimony today and those of you who would like your voice heard please email Trish any questions please call the # above. I will check my pm's around four if any of you might have questions for me.....

Evonn:confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.