SuperSeeker CTSF 55 XH (50-80) blank for jigging

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Bellyups, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

I just received this blank today and it is SWEET! It is 5 foot 8 inches which is the size I want. I think it will make a great 6-10 ounce jigging rod with plenty of backbone and durability. The lifting power of the new SSs is supposed to be great. I can't decide to make it a spinning or conventional build. I may just pattern the build after a conventional Trevala 58XH as I find that rod very comfortable and I like the grips and length of the blank from the reel seat to tip. I need to determine if I should make it for my Ocea Jigger 4000P or Stella 20000 or Stella 8000. Any advice will be appreciated.

Colors: the blank is a cool rust red. I am thinking gold aluminum reel seat vs Fuji HD spinning reel seat with candy apple guidewraps and metallic gold underwraps. Maybe black guidewraps.

This rod will be for fast Japanese jigging for AJs, etc.

2. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

What do you know, they sent me the wrong blank. I ordered the SS CTSF 55 XH and I received the CTS 55 XH which is only a 40-60 pound blank (I thought it seemed to be more "lively" than I thought it would be). Oh well, I need to exchange the blank for the proper blank.

3. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Ron at BarBar built me a 6' jigger on a 30-80 SS blank. He acid wrapped it for me and I've got an OJ 5000p on it. Really makes a nice rod. The tip has good action. It's a little heavier than the Japanese style jiggers but really not that much.

Fred

4. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Ron at BarBar built me a 6' jigger on a 30-80 SS blank. He acid wrapped it for me and I've got an OJ 5000p on it. Really makes a nice rod. The tip has good action. It's a little heavier than the Japanese style jiggers but really not that much.

Fred

That is what I figured, but I bet it will be harder to break and may have more lifting power.

5. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

I just received this blank today and it is SWEET! It is 5 foot 8 inches which is the size I want. I think it will make a great 6-10 ounce jigging rod with plenty of backbone and durability. The lifting power of the new SSs is supposed to be great. I can't decide to make it a spinning or conventional build. I may just pattern the build after a conventional Trevala 58XH as I find that rod very comfortable and I like the grips and length of the blank from the reel seat to tip. I need to determine if I should make it for my Ocea Jigger 4000P or Stella 20000 or Stella 8000. Any advice will be appreciated.

Colors: the blank is a cool rust red. I am thinking gold aluminum reel seat vs Fuji HD spinning reel seat with candy apple guidewraps and metallic gold underwraps. Maybe black guidewraps.

This rod will be for fast Japanese jigging for AJs, etc.
    you will like those. i have done the 50XX, and a few bigger XXX:eek:
    havent thought about using it for jigging , but sounds like it will be perfect for you
    great blanks,
    sounds good for the 4000P

6. Billy 40

Billy 40 Senior Member

I ordered the SS CTSF 55 XH and I received the CTS 55 XH

Come one, what's a little "F" between friends?