Super Seeker Hercules Jigging Blanks

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, Jun 1, 2009.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Billy40 did a geat job to develop Super Seeker jigging blanks with the help of Seeker designers.
    I checked 6' Super Seeker GTS60H and GTS60XH yesterday. The blanks remind me of Lamiglas Tri-Flex Proic Pro jigging blanks with fast action.
    However, I don't think very few jigging blanks come close to Super Seeker GTS60H and GTS60XH with over 60 lbs dead lifting power.
    This blanks are going to be serious jigging blanks for serious jig fishermen who like fast action rods.
    Markerts in the US is flooded with jigging rods mainly from China.
    They are not bad for the money. But you can not expect quality products with cheap cost/investment.

GTS60H feel like 250 -300 g blank suitable for PE4 - PE6 while GTS60XH is for 300g -400g for PE5 - PE7.
    Peronally, I like parabolic action blank, buy many jig fishermen like fast action rods because they believe they can give more action of jigs with light, fast tips. For those who like light, fast action blanks, these GTS60H and GTS60XH will appeal to them.

I also some really like these thin and light blanks for bait fishing too. If light and thin blanks can do the job, there is no reason and advantage to use heavier and thicker blanks.

I decided to carry Hercules blanks for my shopand I got a few blanks from Billy40. The retail price will be around $125.
    Tje

2. Taz575

Taz575 Senior Member

Told ya you would like them!!! Can't wait to get out with mine again, maybe on Weds for Stripers! A little overkill, but should still work when we have to use heavier jigs.

3. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Told ya you would like them!!! Can't wait to get out with mine again, maybe on Weds for Stripers! A little overkill, but should still work when we have to use heavier jigs.
    Your custom Super Seeker rod is definitely overkill for stripers. :) I also checked inshore Super Seeker blank Billy brought. The blank will be a big hit among inshore fishermen for bait fishing and jigging.

4. mike garone

mike garone Well-Known Member

That rod is def overkill for stripers. I took mine bluefishing and was skipping 15# across the surface as fast as I could reel and then swinging them over the rail.

5. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

I can't wait to see these blanks.

Scott

6. Taz575

Taz575 Senior Member

Yeah, but at least I got them wet and in the salt finally!

7. red34

red34 Guest

The blanks remind me of Lamiglas Tri-Flex Proic Pro jigging blanks with fast action.

I just ordered one of these blanks (6650) as a replacement for another broken Lamiglas rod. I could not find very much on these blanks on the internet so I'm glad to see that you've had one. Please tell me what you liked and disliked about them. I'm building it conventional for 50# spectra on a Saltist 30T.

Thanks,
    Brice

8. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

While I showed the Hercules blanks to my customer yesterday, I tested the flex of the rod with my hand ( I broke several brand new blanks by doing this in the past ). I thought 60XH is slightly lighter for PE8 rating, but I got to upgrade the blank upto PE8 rating.
    in my subjective opinion, 60XH model can be rated upto PE8 and 400g blank which is good any tuna under 150 lbs.
    I am going to ask rodwinder to build two jigging rods from 60H and 60XH and test them extensively this year. Any rod which survives my abuses is good. :)

Jigging setups have to be light to jig long hours, but strength comes first. That is why I like Jigging Master blanks so much. You got to see how thick the wall of JM blanks. Strength, resiliance power, balance. quality/quality control, and relatively light weight. Those are my criteria when choosing jigging rods/blanks.
    With the addition of Super Seeker Hercules rods/blanks, I can cover parabolic action rods/blanks with Jigging Master rods/blanks and fast action rods/blanks with Super Seeker Hercules rods/blanks.
    Jigging Master rods have been proven as the toughest rods with excellent quality throughout the world for years. If the Hercules can past my abuse, I think they will, I can rest for a while for my pursuit of best jigging rods available.

9. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

Taz575 and I pulled on his custom made Hercules Spinner today. Incredible blank.

10. Billy 40

Billy 40 Senior Member

Kil, I'm glad you got to play withthe blanks a little more. Keep in mind that they are making these 3" longer for me so that th eperson building the rod can modify them to suit the lure weight. This does alter the action & power of the blank considerably, so if anyone is wondering what to cut you should ask me first as i've had a coupel of moneths to play with these blanks and am quite familiar with them and what they are capable of, and how to modify them.

The 6' Heavy uncut will toss 2-6oz no problem with a spinner, if you are yo yoing with a conventional it will handle 4-10oz. Cut 3" off, and the yo yo rating goes up to 8-16oz. Between 1-3", and you can really fine tune the blank to suit your needs. As Kil has pointed out, these are not bend into the reel seat floppy tipped blanks, they have a lot of lifting power, bend right to teh foregrip, and they do have a faster tip than a typical japanese style jiging rod.

6' Heavy weighs 5.2oz rated 40-80# - this is the blank that deadlifted 65#'s below

6' XH is 5.7oz 50-100#

7' Heavy is 6.7oz, and I think it will make a great 7' one piece popping rod for 2-6oz, while being desinged for jigging 6-16oz on a Party boat while having the strength to be used on the rail. THis blank comes 7'4.

Inshore Lite is similar to a Seeker 708, with a tip that isnt' so soft, floppy and fast. Still a fast blank, but not liek the 708. blankweight is 5.4oz and 7'4

Inshore Heavy 7'4 weighs 7oz 30-60#, it can and probably will be used for light TUna Jigging for some looking to have some fun

[​IMG]

11. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Billy, you look like a possessed rod tester!!!:) Let me know when you have the blanks available. I need a XH.

Scott

12. baldurs390

baldurs390 Senior Member

i was wondering when there pics would make it here.... saw on noreast.com

13. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Billy, you look like a possessed rod tester!!!:) Let me know when you have the blanks available. I need a XH.

Scott

Scott, You should try the blank. It doesn't cost much as you build your own rod. :) You can get the blanks from Billy or from me.
    I am very picky to choose any rods/blanks for my shop and I didn't hesitate to buy the blanks.

14. Boston Tangler

Boston Tangler Site Sponsor

Kil/Billy u have mail. Kil I called ur office no answer still busy with the in laws:D

Do you have 7' 4" Heavy blank in stock ? If so consider it sold. Maybe too heavy for the TwinSpin 20 I ordered but that's OK.

Let me know how we can get it moving to me ASAP as tuna will be close enough to go within 3 weeks or less I think

15. Taz575

Taz575 Senior Member

The two I have made so far:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

33# of drag slipping:
    [​IMG]

Hoping to get out soon to try them on Tuna!

16. Billy 40

Billy 40 Senior Member

I've had internet access issues for quite some time, but hopefully that has been resolved. Both Kil & I has in stock 6' Heavy, and XHeavy Hercules blanks, I do not know the colors Kil has but I have both in Grey, Blue, and Seeker Brown. I am the only one who has the 7'2 Heavy Jigger blanks in stock, again in all 3 colors.

When the 7'2 blank is cut down to 7', the blank wieght is about 6.8oz, full length it is 7.2oz. The 6's are actually 6'3, the Heavy weighs 5.4oz uncut, 5.2 cut to 6', and the XHeavy is 6.1oz uncut, 5.7 cut to 6'.

Hopefully the Tuna jigging picks up in the Hudson, as there are a few dozenguys withrods & blanks waiting to fish them. I've recieved reports from a couple of guys using these rods in NC&in florida for jigging Grouper & AJ's, as well as on Long Island forStriped Bass fishing out Eat in Orient and Montauk, obviously I'm going to say the people who have been using them like them, lol.

17. SeaWolf

SeaWolf Junior member

i've built on the 7H SS Herc and it does everything well for topwater spin. it's light and has a lot of power in reserve. catching a 300# giant is probably not the best option for it tho. billy is working on a 7' XH on this same series which will be a winner for that class of fish.

18. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Taz, those are beautiful rods!!

Billy and Kilsong, thanks as usual for great information regarding these blanks!

19. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

I've seen Taz575's rods in person. Very very impressive. You shouldn't hesitate to have him build you one based on the Hercules blanks or any other.

20. Taz575

Taz575 Senior Member

I finally caught a fish on the spinner. Too bad I snagged a Dogfish in the side! Oh well, felt great fighting it, very little stress on the angler!