Super Seeker CJBF80X super hot stick

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by fishordie, Mar 13, 2009.

1. fishordie

fishordie Senior Member

Super Seeker CJBF80XH ultimate sub surface jig stick

For those of you who know me you are aware I LOOOVE to throw jigs and poppers. Spanyid Raiders, 6X Jrs., My own jigs, Sea Strikes, Tuna Hunters, etc. Most jigs are 125 to 150 grams or so. I have been sold on the Cal Star 850H with 3 inches cut off the tip and hundreds if not thousands of quality fish have been caught on each of the ones I own.

Fortunately or unfortunately I had Bob Sand's build me a Super Seeker blank model CJBF80XH. It is not really noted on the pre built Seeker web site but I think Randy had told me they had them. I have probably now fished that Stick on my last 3 long range trips and I was sold after the first try.

Mine is matched with an Accurate 870 2 speed and is now my go to jig stick for non surface action (That is the realm of the Super Seeker ULUA). This stick out casts my old rods by about 10 - 15 yards and is amazing on the fighting fish end. 100# tuna, Wahoo, Yellowtail, etc. are no problem on this rig. The rod loads up and shuts off right where I want it to and though I have not tried it yet looks to be a great bait rod as well.

I finally realized on my last trip the first rig I would pick up for jigs was the 80XH. I always have 4 jig sticks ready to go yet I found myself tying other jigs on this rig rather than using my others.
    I did not even realize it at the time but at some point even a blind squirrel finds an acorn in an oak tree and whallaaaaaah I realized I need to have more of these incredible rods. I am thinking 2 more are on the need list...... AS if I need anything more in fishing gear...LOL.

I am not sure I have seen anyone else yet fishing this stick but I absolutely am sold on these things. These darn Super Seekers are becoming an addiction but OHHHHH what a way to go. Besides, in my area we have no A & W so in order to get my Root Beer I just need to look at my Super Seeker rods and I am good to go.

Jamie

2. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Jamie

How heavy is the XH, weight wise?

d-a

3. fishordie

fishordie Senior Member

Yo D-A,

I am not sure of the weight but I have been know to throw jigs for 7 days straight 12 - 14 hours a day and I would have no problem with this rig. It is not as light as the noodle sticks by any means but I have no problem throwing this rig all day long for multiple days.

Jamie