Super Seeker 6463 XXXXH

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by fishordie, May 10, 2009.

1. fishordie

fishordie Senior Member

Super Seeker 6463 XXXXH

I got a chance to fish my Super Seeker 6463 XXXXH in its full length, about 6 ft. 10 inches with gimbal, combined with an Accurate 30 ATD. Many folks have heard the quadruple X is a telephone pole and best used on the kite. I have to humbly disagree. The lighter 1/3 top of the Super Seekers allow for more forgiveness especially for those of us using super short top shots. I have been fishing my Calstar 755XXH's for a very long time and have felt they were perfect for my style of fishing and they have been.... Until I got to fish the Quad XH. The extra length was great both in and out of my harness as well as combined with the Rail to keep the line away from the side of the boat and give a bit extra feel while getting the sardine into the zone. The rod, as in all of the Super Seekers I have tested or own, shuts off exactly where it should. The recoil the rod exhibits is awesome and certainly compares with my Calstars with just a bit more technical ability. This rod, though at present I only have one, will NOT be dedicated to my kite reel as it was the first rod I picked up when fishing bait. Certainly an ultimate kite reel but maaaan I loved it as a bait rod. The combination of the Super Seeker and The Accurate 30 ATD is a thing of beauty. To this fisherman the ultimate in big fish gear.

Jamie

2. bulllred

bulllred Senior Member

For stand up fishing, its as big as you'll gonna get. The rod is a beast, I plan on killing some sword with it.

3. feeder

feeder Senior Member

Thanks for the news Jamie. I can't wait to fish mine since they're built out full length as well. I'll be using the rail to put them through their paces.

4. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I've found the Super Seekers to be the best "Meat Sticks" rods on the market. For rail or harness fishing, they are the best. I believe the Quad XH is rated 80-150#s. I don't get a chance to use the rail or strap on a harness very often. If that was the only type of fishing I did, the SS line of rods would be a large part of my arsenal. I have three SS rods but they don't get much action with the style of fishing I've been doing lately. One would think the West Coast is keeping Seeker busy with their new rods.

I can see where the ATD30 combined with the Quad XH is a nice setup for long range style fishing for cows. Good luck with your new rod and I hope you see many cows come over the rail with your setup in the future.

Didn't you just return from a 17 day LR trip?
    Did you catch any cows with the Quad XH?
    Did you use your "Thunder Down Under" on the trip?

5. shanker

shanker Senior Member

I have a 6463 XXXH and LOVE it, I have an Avet EXW 4/02 on it but keeping my eyes peeled for a good deal on a 50W SDS Avet to stick on there if I find one cheap enough

6. fishordie

fishordie Senior Member

I've found the Super Seekers to be the best "Meat Sticks" rods on the market. For rail or harness fishing, they are the best. I believe the Quad XH is rated 80-150#s. I don't get a chance to use the rail or strap on a harness very often. If that was the only type of fishing I did, the SS line of rods would be a large part of my arsenal. I have three SS rods but they don't get much action with the style of fishing I've been doing lately. One would think the West Coast is keeping Seeker busy with their new rods.

I can see where the ATD30 combined with the Quad XH is a nice setup for long range style fishing for cows. Good luck with your new rod and I hope you see many cows come over the rail with your setup in the future.

Didn't you just return from a 17 day LR trip?
    Did you catch any cows with the Quad XH?
    Did you use your "Thunder Down Under" on the trip?

Bill,

Oops, I forgot to post my reports here. I will fix that. I did use my Twin spin 20 and 50 with my thunder down under and they worked fantastic. Unfortunately no bigguns as they were few and very far between. I will post the reports in 4 parts in just a few minutes. Thank you for asking.

Jamie