360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
3,718 Posts
Maui jim Typhon for fishing.
For around town, costco has glass lense mauis for around $75. bucks that sunglass hut has(same model) for $309.00. nice glasses

·
1,095 Posts
Costa Del Mar 580 Blue Lenses, you will never look back

do you use the blue only on the water, or also while driving? and how did they work for driving? thanks for any info!

·
776 Posts
hands down I think Kaenon has one of the best polarized lens' around, the Beacon model provides enough coverage to keep your eyes protected and I would put the amber lens up against any other competitor, Maui Jim, Costas, Smith...

·
131 Posts
are the 580 available in prescription?

CDM "farms out" their prescription work to third party labs and last time I checked, the 580 was NOT available in prescription.

The only sunglass companies I know that do their own prescription lenses at their inhouse lab are Maui Jim and Action Optics, everyone else farms it out and results can be mixed.

Tom

·
Wannabe Tuna Fisherman
1,814 Posts
do you use the blue only on the water, or also while driving? and how did they work for driving? thanks for any info!

You are not going to want to drive any real distance wearing any offshore blue mirrored lenses. They are intended to make everything sharper so you will get eye fatigue on the road. At least I do.
I have Ocean Waves that came from Costco. My buddy has the CDMs with the blue 580 lenses. We can't tell the difference between the two on the water. For around town I have MJs with the amber lenses. They soften everything up ever so slightly so driving is a joy. Also, they are the best sunglasses at reducing glare from a low sitting sun that I have ever worn. Now I just need a good pair with standard grey polarized lenses for activities off the water and all my sunglass wearing situations should be covered.:)

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
CDM "farms out" their prescription work to third party labs and last time I checked, the 580 was NOT available in prescription.

The only sunglass companies I know that do their own prescription lenses at their inhouse lab are Maui Jim and Action Optics, everyone else farms it out and results can be mixed.

Tom
thanks. that sucks.
guess i am looking for something else

G

·
costa 580s blue mirror.......i tihnk ive got the hammehead model. whichever is the biggest frame. they are pricey, sure.......but worth it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts