360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran a buddies boat togging out of Point Pleasant, NJ and maybe it was beginners luck but my first attempt at doing the tog thing myself (not on a party boat) provided excellent results. Set up on a piece south of the inlet and it was one stop shopping. The 5 of us easily had our limit up to 5lbs by 10:30am and that was after throwing back several would-be keepers along the way and of course the many shorts. The bite was furious with the fish hooking themselves at times. We even hooked fish keeping our rigs suspended a few feet off the bottom (by that point we were just messing around). It was like they hadn't eaten in days! I would love it if all my days were just HALF as good as it was! Just for the heck of it we trolled back to the inlet but all we pulled up was a lone bluefish with a stomach blown up like a balloon. Thing looked like it was nearly ready to explode! Anyway, it was a great day I couldn't have asked for any better success. Now the boat is being winterized so it's back to the party boats I go.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts