Sufix Superior vs. Momoi Diamond

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by John_Madison CT, Mar 8, 2009.

1. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

I have to make up my topshots for the season. I use both 80lb and 100lb. in roughly 100 yard lengths on top of JB Hollow Core.

I've had lots of luck with the Momoi Diamond line, but since I like to change my topshots fairly often, it's kind of expensive.

The Sufix Superior is available for about half the price of the Momoi Diamond. Please tell me your opinions of this line. Does it break similar to the Momoi Diamond? Abrasion? Stretch?

Thanks,

John

2. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

i was talking with Jack Tullius of Black Bart International the other day and the subject of line came up......... they have switched from momoi to suffix because he said the momoi had a coating (or outer layer) that tended to breakdown after alotta stretching

sorry but i don't know enough about suffix to recall if he mentioned one suffix product over another (if there even is more than one)

made sense for them as he and Bart both eat/breathe/sleep big-game fishing

nice fella, give'im a call..... Lawd knows they get more hours on the water'n i do

561-842-4550

3. pametfisher

pametfisher Senior Member

I have to make up my topshots for the season. I use both 80lb and 100lb. in roughly 100 yard lengths on top of JB Hollow Core.

I've had lots of luck with the Momoi Diamond line, but since I like to change my topshots fairly often, it's kind of expensive.

The Sufix Superior is available for about half the price of the Momoi Diamond. Please tell me your opinions of this line. Does it break similar to the Momoi Diamond? Abrasion? Stretch?

Thanks,

John

Just out of curiosity, what method do you use for serving the connection and do you glue? Also do you make your topshots single or double walled? Any photos? Thanks.

4. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

I don't have any photos of my topshots, but they're all double walled. That's the only way I know how to make them. I spoke a lot to Basil of BHP Tackle and other guys who guided me through the process.

I use Glue and a serve, again following the tried and tested methods of Basil.

5. rhale

rhale Senior Member

How many reels do you have ?????????? I do 2 80Ws, 7 50Ws, and 5 30Ws every year with Momoi Diamond and the 3000 yard spools seem to last forever.
    I used sufix superior for a few years and I never had a failure but switched to Momoi Diamond 4 years ago and dont plan on changing again. I think that it is by far the best mono for trolling that I have used.
    I am not saying that other brands wont get the job done but if you like it then pay the extra $$ its worth it just in confidence.