Suffix Orange Braid

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by stresst, Sep 13, 2008.

1. stresst

stresst Senior Member

Anyone use it before? Since I had some ggod luck with there green,I loaded my new satiga 20 with there orange 40. Never knew they made orange "performance" or yellow?

2. shanker

shanker Senior Member

I have yellow on a spinning reel and like it....

3. captdeej

captdeej Senior Member

I have it in 20 and 65#, used this season without any issues. It has faded a bit, and some color residue will show up on the guides when the line is new.

4. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

Anyone use it before? Since I had some ggod luck with there green,I loaded my new satiga 20 with there orange 40. Never knew they made orange "performance" or yellow?

Color doesn't matter one iota.

5. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

Color doesn't matter one iota.

I agree. Just tried the blue and it was very waxy, and additive to hold the color I guess.

The white is much better.

6. stresst

stresst Senior Member

I know color doesn't matter but it said performance on it. I have used regular green suffix for years with no problems. The orange looked good so I bought it!-LOL

7. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

I am impressed with the way Tuf-Line XP and Jerry Brown Braid feels and performs. No waxy mess and jigs well. I had serious issues with Power Pro with alot of breaks away from the knot for no reason so I switched. I concidered Sufix performance but tried the others.

8. stresst

stresst Senior Member

Jerry Brown is the way to go along with OTI, but the JB isn't available like suffix,daiwa,PP,etc. I have been to about 6 store in queens and noone has JB. So suffix it is for a fraction of the price-lol

9. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

There are plenty of online stores that sell Jerry Brown and it is not much more than sufix. As far as I can tell it is the top of the line, bar none. Tuf-Line XP is also hands down better than PP. All they have going for them is their merchandising program because as far as I am concerned it is junk. I used it on all my reels for 5 years and I think it stinks. I won't go back.