Stradic 800FI review

Discussion in 'Reels' started by tracker12, Jul 23, 2008.

1. tracker12

tracker12 Guest

I just came back from a 5 day trip to the Sea Of Cortz where we primarily fished for Yellow Tail. I took a 2008 Stradic 8000FI mainly for throwing Iron. It worked great for cabriea and school YT up to around 12#. We also did a lot of Yo Yo fishing for YT catching several in the 20-25# range. On our last day we got into a really fast bite and I decided to see how the Stradic would work on the Yo Yo. Boy was I suprised. The fast retrieve on the spinning rod was getting bit 2x1 over by Baja Special. Only problem was the fish were bigger and my rod was having trouble handling the pull. I put the spinning rod on a Calstar 610 I was using and all was better. It was easily able to beat the fish. Reel was very steady with no wobble. Drag worked flawlessly and I was very impressed with the 50# Tuf line I spooled the reel with. I just tightend up the drag and cranked way. Very happy with the purchase and perfomance. Will definitly be looking for a more stout rod to hang the stradic on for future trips.

2. papio

papio Senior Member

I use the FH 8000 and am very happy and impress with the reel. I'ts no surprise the newer model is just as impressive and upgraded. We made good choices.