Stickbait/Minnow Bait Storage

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by lordhell, Jan 7, 2009.

1. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Just wanted to get an idea of how everyone here stores their Minnow/Stick baits like the Brabus/Shibuki. Stick it into those plano plastic tackle boxes?

2. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

the clear plastic boxes work fine. you can use surf bags with the tubes in it. theyre expensive and only hold 9-12 usually.i keep mine in a plano box. cheap and easy to replace

3. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

the clear plastic boxes work fine. you can use surf bags with the tubes in it. theyre expensive and only hold 9-12 usually.i keep mine in a plano box. cheap and easy to replace

Yea, that's what I was thinking, just get those cheap Plano boxes and stick them in there. I would think you can make those surfbags with tubes by getting a basic bag and cutting some plastic tubes to stick inside rather than shelling out that ridiculous price. May give that a try one of these days.

4. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

plano 3730

The Plano 3730 tackle box is the big brother of the standard Plano 3700 tackle box. The 3730 is 50% deeper and will divide into as many sections but give you more storage options because it is deeper. Use the 3730 for oversized swimbaits and crankbaits, for storing LOTS of soft plastic, or for a toolbox for on the water repairs. This box features the Pro Latch, which means the latch is not molded with the box so it won't break off like the original design. The Plano 3730 tackle box will fit in the footprint of the 3700 box and will fit most soft-sided tackle bags designed for the 3700. If you've got BIG stuff to carry around, get the big box.

The Plano 3730 measures 14"L x 8.75"W x 3.13"

there's 4 long sections that'll hold at least a dozen oversized lures

[​IMG]

i use'em for everything from big stick baits to big yozuri bonitos to storing large replacement skirts for marlin lures

5. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i use the boxes, but the lures are in there without the hooks....just split rings

6. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

I'll order a couple of those plano 3730's for a try. Thanks Bill.

Bret, you leave your hooks out to prevent scratches to the lure finish or prevent tangles?

7. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

prevent tangles as well as prevent myself from getting hooked

i dont care abt scratches on lures. the fish scratch the lures anyway :)