360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,must joined this evening,hope everyone is doing well.I currently have a Stella 20000fa that has been for a service at Shimano.I sent it because after returning home from Baja,I noticed a rattling/bearing noise on the downward stroke.Anyway,can't get parts and it actually seems worse than before.What are my chances of getting hold of a bearing kit?

·
2,305 Posts
Baja, don't feel bad, yesterday I finally blew out a Stella SW 5K. While light jigging I was bowed up on a snapper or AJ and got sharked. I always tryy to cut them off at the leader and this one was no different except the set up I was using. The Synit live bait rod and Stella 5K although a great combination was not up to the challenge of this shark. The rod held up just fine but with the drag cranked down tight, the anti reverse bearing blew out. Talk about a mess, never seen a backlash like that on a spinning reel before, I thought the rod broke as well but it didn't and apparently the slack caused the jig to fall loose from the shark. One assist hook was cut off at the cord and the other hook snapped off below the barb. So, my rod is good, just put another 5K on it, the jig is good, put new assist hooks on it and the 5K reel will be on it's way to Shimano for repairs on Monday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts