STELLA 2 Speed? WHAT??

Discussion in 'Reels' started by SpecialK, Dec 10, 2007.

1. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

2. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

also, the picture and model (FB) don't match with 20K

look at where it says "low gear" on the post, it's BLANK!

3. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

You guys shouldn't knock reels you haven't tried. I got my Stella 20K 2-speed and am very pleased with it. It definitely has two speeds--high speed when I am reeling the lure back in and low speed when something hits it.

Russ

4. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Don't see where it's being advertised as a 2-speed reel, rather
    posting both ratio's for both versions
    jmo

5. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Don't see where it's being advertised as a 2-speed reel, rather
    posting both ratio's for both versions
    jmo
    The title says 2 speed...
    I am pretty sure that if it the one in the pics its not the reel it is claimed to be.

6. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

when I click on the link it says "twin disk". The guy might have copied-pasted the other stuff from a Japanese site where they indeed have Stella's available in two different retrieve ratios (the Stella SW models) but the two ratios aren't on the same reel :)

7. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

"twin disc" refers to the double drag system with a drag on the top and a drag plate under the spool.

8. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

You guys shouldn't knock reels you haven't tried. I got my Stella 20K 2-speed and am very pleased with it. It definitely has two speeds--high speed when I am reeling the lure back in and low speed when something hits it.

Russ

LOL!!! :D

9. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

"twin disc" refers to the double drag system with a drag on the top and a drag plate under the spool.

yeah, I sorta kinda knew that, I was just trying to make sense of the guys ad.

10. xs_tackle

xs_tackle Senior Member

Like so many ebay reel ads, a serious buyer cannot make sense of it w/o disregarding parts. But, if you pick and choose, he can also pick and choose later to avoid giving you what you thought you were buying. Before anyone took the ad seriously (bid on the sale), he should use ebay's board to put several specific questions to the seller to tie him down to his representations about the reel. If he won't give satisfactory answers--don't bid. Imagine what you'll get if you complain after he's got your dough.

11. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

it could also just be the seller using keywords to attract mor hits, for example u might see something like a Penn 20 that will have avet shimano 2 speed fishing offshore after it just to attract mor hits in people search results.

12. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

could also be some grandma running an online store with no idea what she has... ohhh the risks we take.. :) Thank goodness for paypal...

nevermind. someone knows what reels to stock... LOL>>> that user has an online store. its a sell tactic- bait and switch.. :)