Stella 10000FA

Discussion in 'Reels' started by papio, Jan 5, 2009.

1. papio

papio Senior Member

I got this great opportunity to pick up a New Stella 10000FA at a ridiculously low price. I don't really need or want the reel as I am most happy and comfortable with 8000 size machines.

I already own an 8000FA and just received a new 8000SWPG for Christmas. I also own A Saragosa 18000 for popping but find it a bit large, same as the Stella 10000FA.....

What concerns me is the high gear ratio on the 10000FA. Should I not be worried because it is a Stella and has enough cranking power regardless of high gear ratio.? As I mention, I don't really need the reel, but it's very difficult to pass on this one.

2. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

the high gear ratio is perfect for popping. yeah it will still crank em in. if you dont want it, sell it. pm me if you want to sell. brian

3. d-a

d-a Senior Member

the high gear ratio is perfect for popping. yeah it will still crank em in. if you dont want it, sell it. pm me if you want to sell. brian

Make sure you get some extra out of him, he's a Diawa man thats starting to get converted.:D

d-a

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

dont worry abt the higher ratio, it'll be fine.

5. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

i bought on to jig with and it burned me up. especially real deep. that was when shimano was saying high gear ratio for jigging. i was stupid. then i got a 20000 and it was better. then i got a 8000 and now all is well.
    that being said i would still pick up a 10000 for a deal. good going!!!!

6. papio

papio Senior Member

I'll make the decision today this day Jan 5, 2009 which is my birthday and still looking for gift for myself, hehehe. Thanks guys.

7. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

excellent reel for tossing poppers (but put a 20K spool on it for capacity if that's an issue).