Stella 10000 Power handle?

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by Slamdance, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Slamdance

Slamdance Junior member

I have always used my stellas with the regular, round knobs but have a new one I would like to put the power knob on. Trouble is, I can't for the life of me figure out how the get the old knob off an the new one on! There are no directions anywhere with the reel and I don't want ot screw something up. Are there any special tools required or is there someplace where directions might be posted? Anyone wanna talk me through it?

2. njnicka

njnicka Senior Member

Good question, I was wondering the same thing !!!!

3. JerseyBrian

JerseyBrian Senior Member

I figured out how to change the knob out 2 nights ago. I used 2 flathead screwdrivers. One needs to be really small to take off the 2 screws that hold the silver shimano decal on the knob. After removing the 2 screws and silver plate, put it aside as they are very small screws (i.e. hard to find once you lose them!). After that, you'll see one more threaded bushing you need to unscrew by using a slightly larger screwdriver. After you remove this gold threaded bushing, you can remove the knob and put the other power T knob on the handle. :)

This is how I removed the knob off my Saragosa 18000....hope it's the same for your Stella 10k.

TLs

Brian

4. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Do you see that oval chrome plate on the end of the knob that has shimano written on it? There are two screws holding it place. They are very tiny phillips head. Use the smallest phillips driver you have. You really need a set of those little jeweler's screw drivers.

Remove the chrome plate.
    Under it you will see another screw head.
    Un screw it and the knob will remove.
    Put on the other knob, doing the reverse instructions.

5. JerseyBrian

^awesome avatar pic Mr. Bill! Are all of those accurate reel knobs?

6. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

No those are his "custom" handles for giant hands
    do a search for the whole story "accurate handle knob"
    -B

7. Slamdance

Slamdance Junior member

The problem I was/am having is that there does not appear to be any slots for a screwdriver on the top of the bushing inside the handle. Should I use a philips head or straight driver?

8. JerseyBrian

^hmm, are you sure? There should be a slot for a flathead. The slot is not very deep though.

9. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

Be sure you have wide and fit flathead screw driver, other wise you will strip that soft brass nut.

10. njnicka

njnicka Senior Member

brian,
    What handle did you put on the Saragosa??

11. JerseyBrian

brian,
    What handle did you put on the Saragosa??
    I ordered the Power T knob that comes with the Stella 20k from Buckos. They shipped it out either yesterday or today (ordered it last week, but was on back order until yesterday). I'll post pics of it on the Saragosa 18k once I get the knob.