Start 2019 with some Red Sea Jigging and Popping

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by dawdy, Oct 3, 2018.

1. dawdy

dawdy Member

I am planning a trip for 3 to 4 days from 2nd of Jan 19 to the 5th/6th of Jan 19 in Hurghada, Egypt.
    Fishing will be mostly jigging, popping and maybe some trolling between spots.

Targets are GTs, amberjacks, dogtooth, king mackerel, groupers, mahi-mahi and other pelagics.
    We are 2 people already looking for 2-3 to join.
    Price estimate will 600-700$, this includes all your meals, drinks, trolling tackle, bait and transport from and to the of Hurghada airport.

A bit about me. I 've been part of 360tuna since 2008. I recently moved to Montreal, Canada.
    I just started freshwater fishing this year and looking to try ice fishing this winter. I have been fishing saltwater all my life. Born on the Mediterranean I fished the Mediterranean and red sea growing up, so I am a local to these waters.

When I started travelling I fished the East coast of the states, PV, Ensenada, Cabo San Lucas, UAE and literally every place I travelled to and could get a line in the water.
    I am also going to Salalah, Oman in Christmas if anybody wants to join or will be there at the same time.

If you are interested don’t hesitate to contact me for more info.

hafnor, semipro and esgeo like this.
  2. surfcowboy

surfcowboy Site Sponsor

Hello

I might be interested. can you give me a little more details?

William

hafnor likes this.

3. dawdy

dawdy Member

Replied to your PM

4. dawdy

dawdy Member

Added the inquiry replies by William
    This is the location https://goo.gl/maps/rxHM92WBY5w Hurghada, Egypt
    Fishing Dates will be shift to between 12/29/18 and 1/2/19

Boat
    53 ft yacht made out of wood will all services on board.The crew consists of the captain, his first mate, a cook, and a mechanical.
    Usually the trip heads out in the morning and we spend the nights on the boat.

Flight
    For flying in this is the closest airport Hurghada Int Airport https://goo.gl/maps/PzWmNMskBsm
    You can also fly in to Cairo Int airport and either take a 45 min internal flight to hurghada or a 5 hour bus/limo.
    Visa
    For the visa its pretty simple you can get a 30-day tourist visa on arrival at Egyptian airports for a 25 USD fee.
    Other interests
    I currently live in Montreal, Canada but grew up in Egypt so if you want to visit or do some touristic sites(see the pyramids), go diving or see some cool places I can help organize that for you before or after the trip. I know it like the back of my hand.

Do not hesitate to ask for any clarifications

5. Janos

Janos New Member

hey!
    I am an angler from Hungary. Probably I will be in Hurghada in this period (12/28/18- 4/1/19). I am going alone and I decided to go there because of diving and fishing. I already have the dive center where I will dive, but I have no idea if I can join to fishing trips there... So this could be a good opportunity for me. Maybe could I join you just for 1 or 2 days?

I have no experience in sea fishing, just freshwater fishing.

6. dawdy

dawdy Member

Sent you a pm