360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
2,892 Posts
Great rod blanks..For most everything we fish ..You can also add Cobia,King Macks, Mahi Mahi & Jacks to the list.......

·
219 Posts
These Muskie blanks are made using SCII graphite .....I have a SWS76MHF which is made using SCI fiberglass, SCII Graphite, and also SCIIW which is Woven Graphite ..... It's a 20-40w spinning rod that is 7'6" long ...... I'm told that this rod has caught Tuna over 100 lbs ....I'm really loving this rod as it's a fast action but concidered Medium Heavy in strength .... The newer models of this rod are now in the Triumph line of rods and they are not nearly as nice as this one ...They don't make this rod anymore ....Too bad ....Nice rod ....Very light weight for a powerful rod ..... I'm glad that you rod builders are enjoying working with the St Croix blanks ....Nice stuff !!!....Jim

·
2,753 Posts
yep, this is a sweet rod. I own the stock version and its in the rotation to my back ups. 300+ fish on it from tuna, to shark, to stripers, bluefish, croaker, blackfish, seabass, ling, porgy, spot, red hake, pollack, eel, stingray, fluke, flathead catfish, channels, lmb, smb, pike, herring, sardine...pretty much used for all fish on the eastern coastline.

...I just don't have that flyers colorway on mine :D

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These Muskie blanks are made using SCII graphite .....I have a SWS76MHF which is made using SCI fiberglass, SCII Graphite, and also SCIIW which is Woven Graphite ..... It's a 20-40w spinning rod that is 7'6" long ...... I'm told that this rod has caught Tuna over 100 lbs ....I'm really loving this rod as it's a fast action but concidered Medium Heavy in strength .... The newer models of this rod are now in the Triumph line of rods and they are not nearly as nice as this one ...They don't make this rod anymore ....Too bad ....Nice rod ....Very light weight for a powerful rod ..... I'm glad that you rod builders are enjoying working with the St Croix blanks ....Nice stuff !!!....Jim
i have some of the Woven graphite here,,,sweet blank, most guys cant passem up,
the 7'6" are a great bucktailing rod out here.

·
219 Posts
Paul,
Right you are ...This rod is GREAT for bucktailing !!... If they had the same woven blank in a 7 ft rod, it would also make a great Tog rod !!....Then again, as Enoch was saying , it really is a very versitile rod with all the different fish he has caught using his ....Porgy ? :eek: .....Must be some big ones out there !!!.....Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts