Spring and Summer Offshore

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by red34, Feb 13, 2009.

1. red34

red34 Guest

What should I expect to catch on a 36 hr trip during the mid-spring to summer? I probably won't be able to afford a longer trip until later in the fall, but I will take a few shorter ones. Time constraints while traveling and working keep me on 12hr saturday and weekend 30hr trips so I'm gonna make the best of it!

Sorry...I guess I just assumed yall knew where I was talking about! I go out of Port Aransas and Galveston.

2. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

depends on which boat you go with and what part of the gulf you are fishing. that time of year almost anything that lives in the GOM is likely to be around.

3. red34

red34 Guest

depends on which boat you go with and what part of the gulf you are fishing. that time of year almost anything that lives in the GOM is likely to be around.

I plan on taking some 12hr trips in Port A. We usually go with DSH or Dolphin Docks, because we were never happy with the type of fishing that Fisherman's Wharf did, but have they changed a little now that they've gotten into Tuna fishing???

The 30hr trips will be on Capt John or New Buccaner whenever those boats get back up and running.

I HATE the tourist trips that are only targeting vermillion sanpper, kings, and sharks. I always try to avoid the boats with that gameplan but it can be kinda tough to do when party boats are your only offshore option.

4. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

smaller tuna will be everywhere but occasionally big ones are caught. dorado everywhere also.

5. etan

etan Senior Member

In Port A there aren't any 36 hr trips after April. The Dolphin Docks 36 hr trips go to the floaters for one night of tuna fishing. Its a great trip for Blackfin and maybe a yellowfin or two.