360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would like to be able to work a 160-200ish gram jig on the low end, I know that will make it the tricky part... talked to a few informed guys, front of the pack so far is Hearty Rise SJ iii S power 2, Oceans Legacy Elementus ELDS-B61H (180-500g rating), Temple Reef project X power 3 or 4, Garage Nagi Cross border power 6. I prefer a shorter rod, and ideally 1 piece. The Hearty Rise seems to be the front runner. It's tough talking to some of these shops because they just want to sell ya whats in stock... I don't mind waiting for the right tool. Would love to hear some opinions or other recommendations. Cheers guys

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t know if you like black hole or you forgot to mention it but they have rods that could fit your needs. I have several Black Hole Boca Slow Pitch rods and at least The B601H3R and the B642H2M2 could take tuna in that range . The B601H3R is also one piece as you are looking for. Kill might be able to give you more information on these rods and help you find one.
Thanks, I had not looked at them... punched in a quick search and came across this old clip:
That would get the job done and it doesn't look like a broom stick. It is 2 piece and i wish it was acid wrapped but I'm going to give it a shot. Came across one on Ebay for $340 shipped. Thanks for the tip! I may spring for a hearty rise eventually. They just look so fun watching what the guys can get away with! Crazy high sticking and flipping fish into the boat, wild....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Grabbed a couple of black hole Boca and Cape Cod SPJ rods along w/ a Hearty Rise SJ3S power 2. Gotta say I really REALLY enjoy the hearty rise. And I’ve fished Temple Reef levitate TI for the past couple seasons… the hearty rise is an absolute beast, but as Benny mentioned, you need a decent weight jig to load it. I lose touch of anything shy of 200g on that power 2. But when you do connect, she’s an absolute dream. Haven’t sunk my hooks into a big tuna yet, but I’ve tussled w/ a few decent jacks. Think my next addition is going to be a SJiii power zero, will round out the quiver nicely:)

Water Sky Boat Vertebrate Fisherman

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Also worth a look

These are really nicely made rods (OEM'd by MajorCraft) its not a Chinese made rod and I sell them very reasonably don't be off put by the low price. The 58Z is what I'm fishing for tuna and tile - its a great rod I like it alot and for the money you can buy two compared to others.

The 58Z is the Green rod in the photos View attachment 123525
PM sent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts