360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Alan Hawk gives very high grades to the Catalina. It's very "Saltiga-like" minus the Saltiga price tag. I love my 7000H.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I caught quite a few schoolie YFT on this set-up last year. All on a Tackle House Feed 135mm or 150mm clear, or clear/purple, popper. So much fun! Kept my friends entertained!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Update on the BH Challenger Bank 801MH and 2016 Daiwa Catalina 4500H.

This past Friday 7/16, I was fishing on my friends boat. We were chasing the massive amounts of Bluefin that were all over Sothern California. Fish from 20lbs to over 200lbs. Very difficult to get these fish to bite, with all of the boat pressure.

Fishing from about 7am to 8pm, I cast my popper (Tackle House Feed 150mm Clear) into dozens and dozens of foamers. I had 4 boils total, with 2 fish I hooked and landed. First one was about 35lbs and the second was about 55lbs. The 55 pounder is my largest fish on my popping gear, so far. The rod and reel easily handled this fish. I have 300yds of 50# Threadlock, with about 24" of 80# flouro leader, loaded on the reel. Now I'm looking to land an even bigger one! My friend was so impressed, with how that gear handled those fish, he ordered the exact same set-up the next day lol.
POPPER_BFT.jpg

21 - 25 of 25 Posts