360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the 2010 season of Spanish Fly, Vida del Mar and other assorted salt water goodies that are on ESPN 2's Saltwater Sunday block. The shows starts airing on December 27th, 2009. We've been to some interesting spots and met some great people in the process, hopefully you'll get to go there and get to know some of these people and places as well, even if it is vicariously through the tube.

Some of these places are close to home such as Key West and The Gulf of Mexico, and others are in The Dominican Republic, one of which has never been fished before. It drives home the point for me that fishing and the saltwater world is an adventure whether it is in your back yard or some far-off place.

2010 Spanish Fly HD Show Schedule
All Episodes available on ESPN2 and in HD on ESPN2 HD
All times Eastern Standard Time

Sandwich Mass, Bluefin Tuna w/ Capt. Terry Nugent
Air Date: SUN 1/24/2010 9:30am EST
Re-Air: SAT 2/13/2010 5:30am
Catching 200+lbs fish on a spinning rod seems a bit far fetched, but Terry Nugent and Jeff Brodeur from Sandwich, MA have been catching bluefin tuna of that size regularly. Even more impressive is the fact that this fishery is all sight fishing, casting to feeding fish on the surface with top water lures. Incredible visual action chasing birds, bait, and tuna!

·
Wannabe Tuna Fisherman
1,814 Posts
That's awesome Terry. Can't wait to watch it. I just hope it doesn't become too popular, fishing for BFT in CCB that is. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,217 Posts
fishing is back?
Thank God!!!! if I have to watch another whitetail get arrowed from 15
yards I'm gonna puke!

·
44 Posts
fishing is back?
Thank God!!!! if I have to watch another whitetail get arrowed from 15
yards I'm gonna puke!

hahaha, no kidding!!!

·
1,323 Posts
Yeah really. I love the way the camera guy always finds the dead deer before the hunter does..."gasp", there it is! LOL.

·
7 Posts
awesome love this show!

·
580 Posts
I thought watching a deer get shot from 1 mile away was the cool thing to do? :p

I would really like to see all the best hunters play a paintball match with their camos or dress up as deer and sent locking sprays. Think that would draw a bigger audience on ESPN.

·
110 Posts
Been waiting for that episode! There is a whole morning of good fishing shows that day and I recorded them all! I've been looking forward to Pirates of the flats (new fly fishing show) too! Gotta love DVR!

·
537 Posts
Tuned in at 9:30...the DVR even said Spanish Fly was on at 9:30...but there were some dudes bass fishing (or should I say "bait fishing") instead. Absolutely positive I was on ESPN2 and triple-checked the time and TV schedule.

Anyone else or was it just me?

·
1,334 Posts
It was on at around 1030. The guys bait fishing was Blaine Anderson in CT, a very well kniwn and respected Striped Bass guide.

But I liked thetuna show better! Can't wait to hear Capt Nugent at the Offshore Night on the 2nd!

·
Wannabe Tuna Fisherman
1,814 Posts
I got lucky when I noticed at 10:20 that my DVRed show was not Spanish Fly, but the show coming on at 10:30 was. Recorded the episode. I thought it was pretty good and represented a typical good day on the water. I just wish all days were that typical.

Terry, I can't believe you let them show your map screen with all those red Xs on it. hahahahaha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts