Southease Florida report.

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by bulllred, Mar 31, 2008.

1. bulllred

bulllred Senior Member

Ran offshore Saturday and we were hoping for some dolphins since during this time of year the biggest one are being caught. Last week a buddy got two (35lbs. and 30lbs.). Two hours of trolling and nothing, so we headed in for some jigging. First drift; I got hammered on a 43" cobia. A few more drift later, my buddy got bent over on a nice 34" permit. The cobia was over match, I had him on my saltiga 6000, but the permit took 4-5 deep runs and almost spool my buddy's Kumo spinning with 30lb mono. The current changed and the bite shut off. We headed north and made a last drift and landed a nice 22" mutton. Another good day on the water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bighead

bighead Senior Member

Great pics An!!!

3. bulllred

bulllred Senior Member

Hey Bert! When are you and Chad comming over and get some? Yall always welcome.

An

4. JerseyBrian

JerseyBrian Senior Member

I knew African pompano and Pompano are good to eat, but I didn't know Permit were good eatin'. Nice catches on jigs man!

5. bighead

bighead Senior Member

An, South Florida has been my favorite since dad first took me as a boy. I can be there by morning, lol. I'll look you up if I make it back that way any time soon. Bert

6. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

Great report An!

Love the headlight and sunglasses combo!

7. papio

papio Senior Member

Permit are delicious!!!