To be honest: I posted this thread already in the category "saltwater inshore fish species and techniques" and I received a lot of great information from one member! He really knows a lot. Nevertheless I hope somebody else can also help me and has maybe some additional informatione. So let`s flip to the initial post:
My name is Leo and I am an enthusiastic fisherman from Munich. During some past holidays I was already as lucky as to fish for some saltwater species like GT, Queenfish & Thuna and I am very grateful that I had the pleasure to do so - saltwater fishing is just awesome! Due to a business trip I will now be able to visit South Korea (beginning of October) and I would love to extend my stay and go fishing for yellowtails and any other saltwater species cruising in the waters of South Korea. After researching this forum I have already read a lot about fishing in the sea over there… But of course I have still some more question marks in my head - therefore I wanted to ask if anybody has made some experiences about the opportunities of “do it yourself” fishing from the shore in South Korea and the islands around. Here are some questions I am struggling with, maybe someone can help me out 😊:
- I`ve read a lot about Chuja island(s), but I don`t know where to go there. Any ideas/recommendations for spots, which are “easy” to reach and might have some good fish?
- What about all the other islands east and west of Chuja, which can be reached by ferry? Has somebody ever tried fishing on these or knows anything about fishing on them? Regarding what I`ve read so far Chuja (beside Jeju) seems be the only hot spot, but I can hardy imagine that…
- What I love most is fishing with the fly rod (what might probably not be possible in SK from Shore), and with poppers and stickbaits on spinning rods. How would you set the chances of catching fish from the shore with poppers/stickbaits compared to jigging? Jigging seems to be the most effective fishing over there? If that`s true I would necessarily have to buy some jigs 😉.
- What about the timing – beginning of October. Anything special to consider?
- Any recommendations where to book a boat trip to go fishing offshore?
- Any other tips or recommendations?
- Must haves/not to do`s?
- special lures & leaders?
- Any fish species I should not forget to try my luck for?
- restrictions – maybe only single hooks or anything else?
- special technical equipment?
It would be really great if you could be as kind as to help me. If anybody has questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thank you very much in advance!