SOLD: Jigging Blanks

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Jason4606, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Jason4606

Jason4606 Tuna Club member

I have 4 left-over jigging blanks for sale...

1) Tuna Max Parabolique XH 5'5": SOLD
    2) Tuna Max Big Game XH 5'6": SOLD
    3) Tuna Max Big Game H 5'6": SOLD
    4) Jigging Master Power Spell 400g 5'10": SOLD

Please add $12 for shipping in Continental US, and 4% for PayPal.

Thanks!
    Jason

2. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

Hey...I like your new avatar........:D

3. Jason4606

PM's replied and status updated...
    Thanks!

4. Jason4606

PM's replied and status updated....
    Thanks!

5. Castmaster

Castmaster Senior Member

6. toppuntawong

toppuntawong -- Tackle Ho --

7. Jason4606

PM's replied and status updated....
    Thanks guys!

8. BIGSWORDY

BIGSWORDY Senior Member

PM sent for the JM blank..

9. Jason4606

PM replied and status updated...
    Thanks!
    Jason

10. BIGSWORDY

BIGSWORDY Senior Member

yeah... i got the blank! thanks jason nothing is ever easy..but i am amped to get it built. one quick question what exact model is it so i can look up the specs incase i need diameters for matching guides, im outside my realm here?

11. d-a

d-a Senior Member

yeah... i got the blank! thanks jason nothing is ever easy..but i am amped to get it built. one quick question what exact model is it so i can look up the specs incase i need diameters for matching guides, im outside my realm here?

The JM is a 400g blank. Depending on if you going to make it a conventional or spinner as to what guide sizes you will use. The factory conventional I had used fuji cmnsg guides. That's chrome sic. Also note that if your going to do a spinning rod the largest cmnsg guides I have found is a 30, most start out with a 40. Any of the SIC guides will stand up to braid. I prefer the ones made by Fuji the most.

That's a nice blank, I especially like the finish on it.

Pm me if your interested in an aluminum JM red gimbal. I have one and no need for it.

d-a

12. Jason4606

It's a 400g Monster. Maybe somebody that's a JM expert can clarify. But think that it's basically an upgraded and slightly higher tested (33kg instead of 29kg) version of the 400g Power Spell. The Monster blanks are hard to find, so it might be tough to get the kind of details you need online...

I'd suggest getting a Pacbay tip gauge and a cheap digital caliper. (I got mine from Harbor Freight Tools for ~$15.) You can do without the tip gauge. But the calipers are essential for ordering the right size Tip, EVA foam, and winding checks... (And the latter two are completely dependent on Your layout.)

You may already know this... But tips are sized in 64ths of an inch. So without a tip gauge just use the caliper to get a measurement about 1/2" down the blank in inches then multiply the decimal value times 64 for the size. (e.g. A measurement of 0.1498" x 64 = 9.59/64" or a Size 10 Tip)