360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from South Africa!

Planning a trip to Socotra and looking for advise from people that have been there or otherwise.

lures, line, or any other general advise is most welcome!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi,
Did you finally go there? Did you like it?

Is anyone interested in going there with a local tour operator and sharing a boat with me in march?
On the boats I have seen there 3 people casting doesn't work very well. A groupsize of 2 or 4 would be ideal, to share a boat and a jeep (per 2 people) and to keep costs low.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,
Did you finally go there? Did you like it?

Is anyone interested in going there with a local tour operator and sharing a boat with me in march?
On the boats I have seen there 3 people casting doesn't work very well. A groupsize of 2 or 4 would be ideal, to share a boat and a jeep (per 2 people) and to keep costs low.
how expensive is it to get out there on a local boat? Have always heard stories of Socotra not being safe to visit. I will have to travel from India. We can connect offline and plan something out. Always dreamt of fishing there.

Thanks,
Chan

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi,

I'm back home from my trip to A_frica.
Water Vertebrate Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Boat Fish

It seems that AirArabia is flying once a week via Abu Dhabi; therefore one or two weeks would be possible. I would favour two weeks and including some sightseeing as rest days. I guess the luggage restrictions are pretty tight. Ticket price at the beginning of the year were around 860$. I guess the flight has to be booked by a local agency. I'm in contact with a tour operator and try to verify everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts