So Tired!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater fishing reports' started by PiePuncher, Jan 20, 2007.

1. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

Wet cold day but I managed to stay dry. Same story different day.

[​IMG]

Talley for the day was 18 Reds. I caught three fish today over 18lbs with my largest being 27 lbs. I caught 2 LARGE LMB with my bigger of the two weighing in at 7lbs. Looks bigger but the digital said 7. I felt reel bad but I kept one of the two monsters. 3 tilapia 2+lbs. The average red today was 7-9lbs caught on 1 1/2 traps. I lost a few GIANT reds. One was so big I couldnt lift her off the bottom after her long run. The fish sat on the bottom for a minute and then all of a sudden the hook pulled free. I was so sad and my heart fell to the floor. Next cast I landed an 18lbers. Great day as fishing as usual.

2. Pope

Pope Senior Member

You look tired and I would be too if I had your day nailing the reds. Awesome!

3. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Nice catch.

Did you went down to the cost?

4. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

Tj, I caught them at a freshwater lake here in Texas, actually about 2 hours south of us.
    Dont say anything guys, I already feel bad enough. I have been told the bass population is too heavy on the lake and decided to keep a bas for the grill. The white meat is great. Just wish I had kept the other BIG bass and not this one..
    Here are a few more pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

No fish went to waste. Some donated to friends and members of the site and the rest vacuume sealed and ready for a fry. I would have had fried bass last night but I was too full from eating the huge block of ahi.

6. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

Great report PiePuncher of a great day on the lake!

Were you fishing Fairfield?

Thanks for sharing!

7. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

i guess you went to fairfield. i have fished there a few times a long time ago before they stocked the redfish....rick

8. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Good job Keith.. nice mess of fish you got there.

9. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

nice haul!.......

did the bass hit the trap?

10. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

Bass hit the trap. I actually caught a few nice bass but there was no way I could eat them plus all the other fish I kept. I released the others for someone else to catch. They are running very shallow right now in about 2ft of water. The tilapia are spawning too and I dont know if they are hitting the traps out of aggression and being territorial or if I am just running it along the crowds of monsters and just snagging them.

11. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

dont feel bad about eating the bass, at all.... Its your right, and you pay for your license just like everyone else. I love 2-lb bass out of cold water... yummy! Nice job. Ya know, we were heading back from the Galveston cruise terminal on sunday and passed Fairfield.. didnt realize its only a couple hours south. (actually 1.5 hours from Mesquite). If I didnt have to start my prefishing for tournies this weekend, I would be headed down there. Again, NICE JOB!!!

12. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

Its about time for us to get out and prefish also but we figure we have the Lewisville tourney won. COCKY I know but I just have a good feeling. Looks like another fairfield weekend for me this weekend, just hope its not too packed. The traffic is starting to really pick up and therefor, I will not be posting any more reports on TFF. 360 only!!!!

13. Jason_L

Jason_L Guest

Ronnie I am going to have to tell everyone on the TFF you are a bass eater! Your secret is out! lol =)~

14. SkeeterRonnie

lol.. I will take a picture next time I keep some bass and post them on the TFF....... that should go over like a turd in the punch bowl.. LOL!!!!
    Kieth, i have gotten to where I dont give locations or info on how I am catching fish anymore... just ideas on where they should start. Theres a ton of lurkers on there looking just for specific fishing information so they can potlick you come next tourney. Thats why the majority of my posts on there are goofy, silly meaningless posts. I enjoy the friends I have met off there, and do trade emails with a select few on fishing spots.. But mainly just have fun with everyone on the TFF. I try to stay out of the offtopic section- i get mad just reading it... LOL!!!

I just got my navionics paper map of Lewisville/grapevine... it sux. Only thing it has is contour lines... no roadbeds, underwater structure... A few humps and ditches is all it shows..... very disappointed. Some of the humps arent even on it... I wasted $20.

15. jig

jig Senior Member

Thats why the majority of my posts on there are goofy, silly meaningless posts.

That explains the freshwater posts, but what about the offshore posts?

Sorry Ronnie, I couldn't resist. :)

16. SkeeterRonnie

lol.... hmmmm... Have I ever told ya the story of the time I was fishing off the galveston jetties and hooked the Bluefin tuna...????hehe

17. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Oh god, not THAT story again........
    -B

18. OK pie puncher, I am impressed!!! I guide for Hybrid-Stripers on Richlan-Chambers and would like to learn to fish Fairfield. I fished it on Thursday of this week and caught a few, but nothing like your stringer. Would you be interested in fishing with me and helping me out on a few up-coming corporate trips.

19. Pope

Pope Senior Member

PiePuncher would be entertaining as well. His karisma exudes when fishing. I will probably fish on Super Bowl Sunday down there. I hope the football fans will be in front of the T.V. set and not on the water. Did RC catch a lot of water from the rain? You guys needed it.