Smith 52EX

Discussion in 'Fish Species and Techniques' started by rance, Apr 9, 2009.

1. rance

rance Senior Member

I am looking for a smith 52EX. Can't find a site that carries them, sold out or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated......Thanks, Rance

2. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

kilsong might have them. PM him

3. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I have it, but it is not for sale until I get resupply.
    The best source to get it is anglers proshop.

4. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Anglers Pro Shop is out right now. Kil, you saving it for yourself? :)

5. rance

rance Senior Member

Thanks Guys!!!!!

6. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Anglers Pro Shop is out right now. Kil, you saving it for yourself? :)
    I need it for display so that customers can actually see all rods I carry. :)

7. d-a

d-a Senior Member

I have it, but it is not for sale until I get resupply.
    The best source to get it is anglers proshop.

KIL

Must be a good felling to have a tackle shop and have what some one wants and you don't have the desire to sell it, especially in todays economy.:eek:

d-a

8. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

KIL

Must be a good felling to have a tackle shop and have what some one wants and you don't have the desire to sell it, especially in todays economy.:eek:

d-a
    Tackles are different from other commodities. They are not fashionable items and if I keep them, it can cover at least interest as prices go up eventually. :) As I open a new shop in May 1st, I need basic inventories for visiting customers. I sold one 52EX recently and I had four orders for it. :eek: I don't know why they are interested in the rod suddenly. I guess someone recommended the rod when asked on other sites. :) I also have sudden request for Hot's Drift Tune from several fishermen recently. I couldn't sell them for the same reason for 52EX.

9. rance

rance Senior Member

I realize that you're not selling it right now , but when you get more in , what will the price for them be? ......thanks ,Rance

10. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I realize that you're not selling it right now , but when you get more in , what will the price for them be? ......thanks ,Rance
    $456 plus $20 shipping same as Anglers Proshop.

11. d-a

d-a Senior Member

12. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Tackles are different from other commodities. They are not fashionable items and if I keep them, it can cover at least interest as prices go up eventually. :) As I open a new shop in May 1st, I need basic inventories for visiting customers. I sold one 52EX recently and I had four orders for it. :eek: I don't know why they are interested in the rod suddenly. I guess someone recommended the rod when asked on other sites. :) I also have sudden request for Hot's Drift Tune from several fishermen recently. I couldn't sell them for the same reason for 52EX.

Kil

I understand that quality products will always sell, but with the tackle industries being as cut throat as it it is; I wouldn't think you would want to potentiality run off customers that have no loyalty's to one shop or the other.

I know How I would feel if you didn't want to sell a product that you had in your shop to me that I needed for a trip.

d-a

13. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Kil

I understand that quality products will always sell, but with the tackle industries being as cut throat as it it is; I wouldn't think you would want to potentiality run off customers that have no loyalty's to one shop or the other.

I know How I would feel if you didn't want to sell a product that you had in your shop to me that I needed for a trip.

d-a
    Thanks for your advice. If it is just money, it is better to sell now because I might lose opportunity to sell them as other shops should have them when I get resupply.
    The reason I don't sell now is not to make more profit, but to give better service to customers general. There are many customers visiting my shop traveling several hours from NY, Ct, RI or PA. and I have to give them chance to compare products before they buy. Internet buyers just check the price and availability on e-bay or other on-line stores and buy they want.
    I think my shop is a little different from other on-line shops. I prefer sell info and my idea along with tackles. That is the whole idea and my philosophy of my shop. I don't think any potential buyer get upset simply because I have to have minimum stock at my shop. I just opened my shop last fall and it wil take long until I get most items I want. Until then, It wil be trial and error, but at least I know what direction I want to take. If it is just money, I would have had other business. I am just enjoying what I am doing and I'll do my best to provide right service, necessary info and right items for my customers.
    I will refuse to sell if I believe the tackles customers want is not right things for them no matter how profitable they are. :) I will constantly hunt for quality tackles as I hunt for quality tuna on jigs. :)

14. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

Kil,

Your mission is very respectable. Without good ideas or fishing opinion and experience translated to good advice the purchasing experience at your store will be just like any other store whether online or physical.

The customers you want are the ones that appreciate you and the level of service you are providing. If the customers are only in it for the right price then the minute they find a cheaper price then what you are asking for then they will leave you. Unfortunately that is the reality how many consumers dictate their buying actions nowadays...

I am in the investments industry and find that those type of customers that will leave in a heartbeat aren't worth my time. At any second they will leave you for a dollar difference in total return. Thus all the time you put into developing and strategizing is wasted.

Your total return is the immediate and future service you can provide to people. They will see that and whether the price is right or not at the time they are in your shop they will acknowledge the "value added-ness" you provide and in turn become your customer for that day and in the future.

I see that you really are doing this business for fun and to help others. That is why I can expect you to do well and for me to soon become a customer too.

15. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I have been a professional for years and I have a little hard time to adjsut now.
    While I was with a customer this morning, one other customer called me to visit my shop. I explained to him to come one hour later as I was with a customer. He seems irrated and said " I am your customer too."
    I explained to him that I wanted to give my full attention while he was at my shop. I used to take one client at a time and he didn't understand why only one customer has to be at a tackle shop at a time :)
    I spent one and half hour with him at my shop and he was so happy when he left. He bent many rods including Smith 52EX and Nirai. :)

16. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Kil,
    Your going to build a strong client base that is loyal to you.

17. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Kil,
    Your going to build a strong client base that is loyal to you.
    Thanks Jerry for your kind words.
    The thing I like about my shop is I search for new quality rods, reels, jigs, popers and other items and test them myself. Now I don't have to go fishing quietely anymore and I can tell my wife I need testing for the shop. :)

18. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Thanks Jerry for your kind words.
    The thing I like about my shop is I search for new quality rods, reels, jigs, popers and other items and test them myself. Now I don't have to go fishing quietely anymore and I can tell my wife I need testing for the shop. :)

But are you telling her your fishing an island south of California? :D

19. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

But are you telling her your fishing an island south of California? :D
    I changed my tactics now. I ask whether she can join me fishihng trip with me only a few days before the trip. :) I learned lessons. Don't trust your daughter. She is always on mother's side. :)

20. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

I changed my tactics now. I ask whether she can join me fishihng trip with me only a few days before the trip. :) I learned lessons. Don't trust your daughter. She is always on mother's side. :)

This is truth... so humorous! :D

This is the "Kilsong experiance" not the salesperson ready to get you to unload $$