360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice on technique or accessories to help with a dilemma I've had for years. When using the larger rods for tuna my small hand can't barely wrap around the rod which gives me little control of the rod let alone the line. I have a trip coming and up and was thinking I may need some gloves to help grip? Or any help is appreciated.

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
Looking for advice on technique or accessories to help with a dilemma I've had for years. When using the larger rods for tuna my small hand can't barely wrap around the rod which gives me little control of the rod let alone the line. I have a trip coming and up and was thinking I may need some gloves to help grip? Or any help is appreciated.
Weight lifting straps.

Can also find weight lifting straps
with built in hooks, brand is MRX.

Reactions: Wetherell

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
Better have a strap caddy or something. They are a nuisance when trying to working the rod or cast. Keep those for the gym and just work on your grip strength.
Great fisherman posses one or two traits.

A. Luck
B. Attention to DETAIL (on the water)

Like trolling for tuna/mahi with 50 wides
Hope you are lucky.
:)

PS> read my tag line, memorize it :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am curios to know if you came up with a solution to your small hands / grip situation? Just in case I come across a personn with the same problem I might be able to help. thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.