Slow-pitch jigging- The truth............... I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by lite-liner, Aug 29, 2018.

1. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

Wow with the ignore on its actually informative..... who would have thought.

2. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Senior Member

Who’s jack fighting with? Me? I have him on ignore.

3. KMitchell

KMitchell Senior Member

Was Hoogan a product of multiple personality disorder or a pissed off fisherman?

Where's Hoogan. I just ask because on the internet it seems many really get off playing more than one character.

My apologies if I'm totally off base on this one.

Hoogan likes this.
  4. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Senior Member

He was the product of some asshole impersonating himself as him to get there rocks off. I fished with Art. He’s a real person. The IP mess wasn’t his doing. Only one around here clever enough to do that and mask their trail with VPN knowledge who also impersonated me on the THT to get his rocks off. 360 doesn’t need that type of contribution yet it exists and now Art appears pissed off and left. Lots of knowledge that guy has. Oh well. New 360. Don’t want to hear crap from old timers of how great it was when shit like this continues. I’ll get off my soap box now. More gear to buy.

Hoogan likes this.
  5. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

arts the same guy he’s always been .. if we all could catch the quality and amount of fish of him we’d be great ... if we had all his gear Wed be ecstatic and if we could work it all together like him we’d be great fisherman .. instead .. I’m just a guy who still buys nike

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    Hoogan and GARRIGA like this.
  6. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Senior Member

It’s impossible to follow a thread with people on ignore. However, it’s these types of posts why I put people on ignore.

I’m not even going to try to explain myself other than to say this was completely misunderstood from what I wrote. Lack of comprehension shouldn’t be supplemented with assumption.

7. Hoogan

Hoogan Junior member

Thank you for inquiring, specially in such a genuinely concerned manner.
    To answer your first question please read my signature bellow. Yes, I am insane in many ways, Captain Greg once looked at all of us fools in the stern, sleepless, hungry and tired holding a rod for hours leading into days, Greg shook his head and said “you’re all insane”
    Before I go on, my apologies, but he was baited and reeled in too by who ever had a good time doing this ...it left a bad taste in my mouth and I did not want to come back to 360 but quite frankly people like Tugasangler, Garriga, Ray, Victor and the support and wealth of knowledge I’m learning from all 360 members made me wanna come right back for more punishment.
    To answer your second question, YES someone used my email and created an account and proceeded to character assesinate another forum member. Also some no-longer member with a history of threatening other members brought up old stuff for some and they thought that I was him. I do take personal responsibility for some of the trouble but is not my nature to hide behind a name to create a toxic environment in a good fishing forum.
    Thank you Garriga and Tugasangler.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    victor, tugasangler and GARRIGA like this.
  8. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Senior Member

Today my phone called me and I was informed I’ve been pranked. Unbelievable. The byproduct of social media and the anonymity of the net. Miss the past where F2F I’d shove my phone down their neck. People have nothing better to do? Some have forgotten how to slow jig their own jig.

tugasangler and Hoogan like this.
  9. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

Hey hoogan dont let the place get to ya. Im not sure or nor do i care what happened but damn you have helped me while looking for a grouper rod( which i still havnt built) thats why i keep coming back. I know on here someone knows a shit ton more than me. Sorry to hear about your troubles on the home front.Thats whats so great about fishing! You can somewhat forget for a day or so when on the water

tugasangler and Hoogan like this.
  10. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

Lol art I have a guy I’d really like you two to meet ... ask @Yankee Capts about my uncles ... STEVE and Hollywood .. the firefighters lol ...

11. r.sheker

r.sheker Member

yes you are way off base.
    I've met Hoogan (Art) in 2012, we've became personal friends since.
    respectful and soft spoken but you dont want to mess with, he has biceps the size of my waistline when he was still in service he has since lost weight due to health issues.
    when he found out i bought a house last year he sent me a home depot gift card and this was after not seeing him for a couple of years.

12. Hoogan

Hoogan Junior member

Please give them my number. Jordan let me pre-service your new 35N-SJ. You mentioned wanting to remove the auto engage, I can do that for you but make it reversible in case you ever want to sell which I doubt, the Saltiga is the best star drag in the market, I’m including the Tern along with the Tesoro and the OJ in second place. I will abstain from commenting on the Tern because there are so many of us eagerly anticipating, but I have huge reservations on that reel given my 20 plus years of servicing ( more like repairing the most unusual malfunctions of Accurate more than any other make) I do love the new Valiant but I’ve studied the workings of the Tern right along with the ergonomics and I am not excited. The reel that I’m absolutelly anticipating is the Torium PGA coming out in Oct., that’s going to be the reel to own in another month, the Tern... brand new, no prior R&D ? Do not get confused it is NOT a Twin-drag, the Tern just wears the drag washers on the outside of the main gear and all the other top of the line star drag wear them in the inside, most notable the new and innovative GUN DRILLED main gear and air VENTED metal drag washers of the Saltiga which efficiently disipates heat during a fish fight. I can’t disclose anybody’s name but trust me, we have these discussions about Accurate all the time in the shop, I will say I like the company and I’m very happy that they stayed afloat and are now making head ways, they are a great company. (Excuse me for derailing this thread) if anyone needs the hard to find part number of the Valiant 95mm/3.8” handle shoot me a PM, the stock 3.25” handle is far from ideal for SPJ.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    tugasangler and GARRIGA like this.
  13. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

Thank you very much for the offer I’ll pm you ... waiting on a Slammer three and now getting the saltiga 40 next month as the aforementioned purchases pushed me buying it further back . Back to school will do that to you

14. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

6968EEE3-933A-491E-B495-74685F523966.png
    So yea right after making this post I found a deal on eBay for saltiga 40 a nib for a price so low I had to have a conversation with the wife about it. Explaining that I’ll sell something (likely story). But anyways .. Got em

I’m seriously done buying reels for a while man ... that’s 3 in a month and 2 spj Rods .. at least all were great deals

Hoogan likes this.
  15. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Senior Member

You actually believe that crap? Rejoice in the reality we are all happy broke ass fisherman. :)

Snaphappy and tugasangler like this.
  16. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

Well now that you mention it ... I do need new yellowtail reels for the winter .. :) Daiwa bg 4500s sound nice

Hoogan and GARRIGA like this.
  17. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Senior Member

Get two. That’s my thought process. Lol

Hoogan likes this.
  18. HungryJack

HungryJack Member

Buzz Bombs

This is a Pacific Northwest lure,
    think it might work very well with SPJ.
    Some of you guys should consider giving it a try.

bb1.png

bb2.png

Top water - Trying this on my next overseas trip :)
    Oil rigs at night for down there ?

ballywho likes this.
  19. Hoogan

Hoogan Junior member

There’s a sign posted at the entrance in BPS, Dania which reads:
    “Welcome hunters, fishermen and other liars”

Snaphappy and GARRIGA like this.
  20. KMitchell

KMitchell Senior Member

I'd like to think Hoogan knew what I was doin. If fishing is the priority, this place runs alright.