Siren lures

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by albizep12, Jun 27, 2020.

1. albizep12

albizep12 Senior Member

How come he never has any lures for sale? I realize he sells strictly from his website now and not through saltywater but I never see anything for sale.. I own at least a dozen of his lures, just curious

Gonefishings likes this.
  2. Strafford

Strafford Active Member

He had some on the website a day or two ago but it would seem they sold out faster than they usually do. Not sure if he has had issues with everything going on but it does seem like he hasn't had as many for sale the last few batches.

3. Kim

Kim Senior Member

Most likely has orders to fill, they re popular lures.

4. Steg

Steg New Member

There were some Sirens for sale in an Australian tackle shop (Ebbtidetackle.com, I think) not too long ago. They all sold very quickly.
    I managed to buy a small Deep Seductress from the most recent release.

5. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

I believe this is a marketing tactic , always puts a small amount of lures on the market so his lures will hold value and will be in demand . Everything that has 3 billion copies doesn’t sell as good/ fast as something that is in very limited supply. His lures also work so that helps as well. When it comes to lure fishing everyone is subjective and I have way more than I should myself but enjoy fishing/ collecting them . After seeing a video of a guy catching a decent size bluefin skipping a banana ( fruit ) I think I spent way too much on lures.

jac0023, cubanfishermar, vgb and 2 others like this.
  6. albizep12

albizep12 Senior Member

Hahaha
    But yea you make a good point. I’ve sold off a lot of mine

7. bnz

bnz Just a guy who likes to fish

Let me see, one guy making lures that are so popular he has to resort to marketing strategy to keep them in demand? I think not. His lures are popular for a reason, they catch fish! More than likely he just can’t keep up with the demand. Ask Merv at Strategic Angler the same question and how many nights he’s up into the wee hours of the morning.

My three favorite tuna lures... Siren, Strategic Angler (naia especially), and CB One.

Gonefishings likes this.
  8. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

Not flooding the market is a well known marketing strategy and siren lures are not hand painted or hand shaped .
    His lures have been in short demand for as long as I’ve heard of them and at least 5 years ( I contacted him personally and was able to secure a couple lures when he delivered to Salty- I still had to purchase them from salty). If he couldn’t keep up I believe in 5 years making lures and profit he could have hired and trained a couple more guys- truth is he wants to keep a small operation.

9. screaming_reel

screaming_reel At peace

Guys like this don’t give a fuck about a few bucks in lures... This is a side hustle to put it mildly. They’re sharing their passion with you. Enjoy it while it last. Look at RonZ.... We lost a legend!

a1flyfishr likes this.