Simano Stella 10000FA

Discussion in 'Reels' started by emorgan, Feb 3, 2009.

1. emorgan

emorgan Member

Hello, I would like too know if anyone can tell me how many yards of 80lb Power Pro braid can be put on this reel. I believe that the 80lb braid is the same as the 18lb mono. I have a line on one of these reels and the price is right but can't find any specs on it. Everything I find now is on the SW Stella 09 models. Any help would be appreciated.
    Emorgan,

2. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

Shimano Stella 10000 FA
    Quantity in Basket:none
    Code: 9084
    Price:$659.95

Quantity:

12A-RB stainless steel ball bearings and one stainless steel roller bearings.

6.0:1 Gear Ratio
    Line Capacity:

500 yds. of 12#
    330 yds. of 16#
    220 yds. of 20#

Aluminum Frame
    Aluminum Sideplate
    Machined Aluminum Handle Shank
    Cold Forged Aluminum Spool with Titanium Lip
    Slow Oscilation
    Super Slow Oscilation
    Septon Handle Grip
    Floating Shaft
    Direct Drive Mechanism

3. SkeeterRonnie

use 65# test braid and fish 22-25# of drag.

4. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

10000FA spool will take 250-300yards 80#Power Pro braided line, and more with 80#Japanese PE line.
    And all depend how tight you are spooling it.

BTW you don't want to use that PP line for trophy fish ;)

5. SkeeterRonnie

6. emorgan

emorgan Member

Thank you all for the information, very helpful and appreciated.

Emorgan

7. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

i think a few guys have recommended daiwa boat braid.

however for the 10k application you want something reliable...and power pro isn't the right line.

go for Jigman or varivas

8. califisherman

califisherman Junior member

Power Pro was just bought by Shimano I guess the reels suck to?

9. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Power Pro was just bought by Shimano I guess the reels suck to?

As you have stated, Shimano "just bought" Power Pro, therefore, prior to the buy out, they were two separate entities developing under separate management and quality control. If Shimano chooses to improve R&D at Power Pro, then we may see an improvement in PP's line offering in the future. I think these fellas here were referring to the previous offerings from PP having a bad reputation, but you can't conclude that because Power Pro line suck and Shimano now owns them, Shimano reels suck as well.

10. califisherman

Also the STL 10000 FA has 15 A-RB Ball Bearings and 1 Roller Bearing.Great Reel my buddy's at Shimano wont let this one go!

11. califisherman

Also the STL 10000 FA has 15 A-RB Ball Bearings and 1 Roller Bearing.Great Reel my buddy's at Shimano wont let this one go!
    The reason I said that was skeeter said Power Pro line sucks.It's never failed me.Several YFT over 200 lbs I have friends in California that work for Shimano And that's all we had ever used! It's Good stuff and so are the Reels!

12. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

The reason I said that was skeeter said Power Pro line sucks.It's never failed me.Several YFT over 200 lbs I have friends in California that work for Shimano And that's all we had ever used! It's Good stuff and so are the Reels!

I think some folks experienced bad batches of the PP line resulting in a bad taste in their mouth of PP products. Personally, I've used Sufix without issues, yet there are folks on here who have had bad experience with it and will steer clear of Sufix performance braid. I guess to each his own, use whatever your budget can afford and works is what I say! :D

13. califisherman

I think some folks experienced bad batches of the PP line resulting in a bad taste in their mouth of PP products. Personally, I've used Sufix without issues, yet there are folks on here who have had bad experience with it and will steer clear of Sufix performance braid. I guess to each his own, use whatever your budget can afford and works is what I say! :D
    I agree with you Lordhell. Use what works for you! But dont knock a good product like some of these other guys.Emorgan's new to this awsome sport and he's on the right track.

14. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

there have been way too many 'bad experiences' IMO to trust power pro. why buy it when you can get TUFF Line and Jerry Brown for a similar price?

I agree use what works, but I wouldn't recommend or use power pro bc of my own experience and reading about lots of guys' experiences.

15. califisherman

there have been way too many 'bad experiences' IMO to trust power pro. why buy it when you can get TUFF Line and Jerry Brown for a similar price?

I agree use what works, but I wouldn't recommend or use power pro bc of my own experience and reading about lots of guys' experiences.
    Bret my buddy's tried some Tuff line XP out here in the Gulf after AJ'S and said it wasnt as tough as it claims they went back to Power Pro. I was thinking about trying some.I also tried the Dyneema braid Blue wave from japan Good stuff couldnt tell the difference between that and the power pro they bothe catch cows!

16. DanS

DanS Senior Member

power pro is junk

Any 4-strand braid is probably junk because its cross-section shape is square rather than round.

17. hstsw

hstsw Senior Member

Daiwa Samurai or Daiwa Boat braid are my raid choices for Stella 10K FA or SW
    I used pp braid before - it seems that the older pp braid are ok - I have problems with the newer pp
    I switch to JB/Suffix/Daiwa braid after that. pp junk? maybe, I won't buy any new pp braid.

18. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

Daiwa Samurai or Daiwa Boat braid are my raid choices for Stella 10K FA or SW
    I used pp braid before - it seems that the older pp braid are ok - I have problems with the newer pp
    I switch to JB/Suffix/Daiwa braid after that. pp junk? maybe, I won't buy any new pp braid.

How does JB braid rank with all these exotic PE lines?

compared with varivas and jigman?
    compared even to daiwa boat braid?

19. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

i havent used JB, i am assuming its an American brand?

20. gman

gman Senior Member

How does JB braid rank with all these exotic PE lines?

compared with varivas and jigman?
    compared even to daiwa boat braid?

its very soft just like PE lines, I liked it, I hate jigman too many breakoffs