Show your support!

Discussion in 'Jokes and Funny Things' started by Snagged, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Show your support!

There are less than eight months until the election, an election that will decide the next President of the United States. The person elected will be the president of all Americans, not just the Democrats or the Republicans. To show our solidarity as Americans, let's all get together and show each other our support for the candidate of our choice. It's time that we all came together, Democrats and Republicans alike.

If you support the policies and character of John McCain, please drive with your headlights on during the day. If you support Obama or Hillary, please drive with your headlights off at night.

2. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

haha at first it sounded like those new commercials for the 'green' movement:D

3. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

You know, Snagged, I'm sure I'm not the oldest old fart on this board, but I'll bet I come close. Contrary to popular opinion, I do not remember the outrage in Texas when Lincoln was elected but I do dimly remember my Dad's virtually freaking out when he thought Dewey was going to beat Truman. And I've never, ever, seen an election quite like this one. Don't get me wrong--I am nowhere near being close to an extreme right-winger, but McCain does not do a whole lot for me. If there were ever a year when the Democrats would win--it would be this one--mainly because I have to admit that a huge majority of the nation disagrees with old Uncle Russ on the Iraq war. (although unlike them, I will admit that I could be wrong. :) ) And the economy, while nowhere near a depression, ain't the best. And yet, they have managed to turn this into the most hilarious circus since Barnham blew his whistle in the center ring. My wife is a former Republican committeewoman from Pennsylvania and attended George H.W. Bush's first inaugural. And even she says she almost feels sorry for Barack. I mean, Hillary is willing to go down like the Titanic and drag him with her in order to run against McCain in 2008, and now even the "Reverend" Wright seems to be turning on him--and as many are saying, the worst thing that could happen to a race-baiting individual like the "Reverend" Wright would be for Barack to be elected. Hell, if he loses, then folks like Wright can claim it was white racism once again that brought a good black man down. The only thing that may save the nomination for Barack is Bill Clinton's inability to keep his pie-hole any more closed up than Monica kept hers.

This sad thing is that this country is ready for a black president--and a woman president, for that matter. It would do us good. The tragedy is that Colin Powell is too smart to let himself get caught up in the fray. And Condy Rice is probably too young still--or too inexperienced.

And even if either was worthy of taking on the mantle of the presidency, it is getting close to not happening with Barack and/or Hillary. The Democratic Party is trying to commit suicide--so driving at night without lights is an altogether fitting analogy--they don't need you to suggest it even!

Will Rogers once said: "I am a member of no organized political party. I am a proud Democrat." He would be lierally strutting were he alive today.

Russ