short report from the lump

Discussion in 'Pelagics' started by jaredchasteen, Jan 27, 2007.

1. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

Captain Devlin posted this yesterday. It seems as the big fish came out in abundance. In addition to all of their action the red eye landed a 208#.

It never fails, I leave town to do a fishing show and the weather straightens out and the big fish bite. I am up in New Jersey at a Fly Fishing show and boy is it cold, but Beach called in one Serious report a few minutes ago.
    With the whole crew except for me out, the big tuna turned on. Kevin had the numbers with his biggest going 120. Billy had the biggest double of the day with a 182 and a 156. Rimmer had two big boys with a 177 and a 150. Mike had a tougher day but put one big boy on the dock and mixed in a bunch of blacks. Darryl and Andy were the wild card. It seems that they hooked a pig late and when everyone else left, they were still fighting it. Darryl reported it to be at least 175. Hopefully this weather will give us a break next week because all of this being on land is killing me.

Reel Peace Charters
    (985)534-2278
    www.reelpeace.com

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

We will get one of those larger models next time. Thanks for the report.

3. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

Hope you're having fun in Jersey! That's the place that I got the coldest I've ever been!

Thanks for info on the trip! Looking forward to the full run down with pics!

4. jaredchasteen

i just saw another 200# plus fish was landed YESTERDAY. this year there have been more landed than previous years. Get down there NOW.

5. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

We should say the same thing to you!

You say you're doing a flyfishing show?

Are you in that business?

6. jaredchasteen

We should say the same thing to you!

You say you're doing a flyfishing show?

Are you in that business?

no i just simply copied and pasted devlins report here as i knew there were some lurkers looking for lump reports.
    Reel Peace does do flyfishing just as long as you make that clear when you book. I personally am not a fly fisherman, but la is the place for it with many surface feeding fish, and the ability chum up ajs and red snapper at the closer rigs.

here is a pic of the 222 that was taken at the lump, yest.
    [​IMG]

7. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

OMG!

Look at that fat-bellied, extra-long sickled fish!

8. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Yep thats a cow right there!!!