Short Notice 52 hour trip on the Scat Cat

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, Nov 6, 2008.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I heard the long range trip of the Scat Cat this weekend was canceled due to lack of interest. I talked with Capt Ronny Hale of the Scat Cat and he said they would willing to sail the 52 hour trip as long as 15 fishermen sign up. The problem of fishing in Gulf of Mexico at this time of year is the weather. If we have about 15 guys who can go on a short notice after watching weather forecast, it is an excellent deal.

The next open boat long range trip is Nov. 21 and we can choose any dates if the boat is not chartered.
    Ronny says bunks will be available on Nov 21 trip. Before then we have to use tables or chairs to sleep.
    Let me know how many guys can go on a short notice.

2. margarita mojo

margarita mojo Senior Member

I can normally due a short notice for a Wed, thur, fri trip, if I could be back by sat night for work.

Joe

3. papio

papio Senior Member

Nov. 21 is good for me. What time will boat launch out? I have used up all my vacation time and just returned from fishing trips to Nevada and Arizona. My protected time off are the weekends but I do have copious sick hours, hehehe. So, I'm game any time for short notice LR on the Scat. Count me in.

4. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

I'll be out of state from the 17th on.

5. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Kilsong, there is already 11 people signed up including me and 4 friends.
    I think Snagged was onboard also.
    We all can still go if they get enough people to go on short notice...
    Just keep us posted...

6. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Dang, I am out of town.

7. rtran

rtran Senior Member

I wish I could do it but work got me stuck here until Thanksgiving week.

8. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

I wish I could do it but work got me stuck here until Thanksgiving week.

Yeah, I feel the pain. I will be in San diego in a couple weeks. It sure would be nice if there was a last minute 10 day opening on the Royal Polaris. I would skip the meeting like a hot potato. When it comes to facing the mother in law for Thanksgiving:eek: , I should have total freedom the week or 2 prior to her arrival.

9. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

LOL ...

Mother-in-law Visit = FREEDOM

Not a bad setup at all...

10. Pope

Pope Senior Member

I am okay with the 21st if I don't get picked for jury. I am suppossed to report for jury duty on the 20th. They don't pick me and I am in. How is that for short notice?

11. jt2hunt

jt2hunt Senior Member

if a contractor pays me the money he owes me, amy and i can go

12. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

if a contractor pays me the money he owes me, amy and i can go

Why do I understand that?:D

Does anybody know how many bunks they are planning to install?

13. Pope

Pope Senior Member

I just checked their site and see they have several trips planned. I will get on one of these trips. The 21st looks like the best bet to me. If any of you Port A guys would hold my guns while I am fishing, I would appreciate it because leaving them in the car to get stolen is not part of the plan. If I dodge jury duty, I am going hunting after the trip and won't come home until the next weekend. I may pull a trifecta. Head offshore, kill a deer and come back to the coast for Thanksgiving to eat and stalk the mud flats for a FAT TROUT. Otherwise, I will try the 12/12 trip.

14. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

If such a good fishing is going on in our area, it takes only a few hours to get 15 guys. :) You guys have too many reasons not to go. :)

15. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Why do I understand that?:D

Does anybody know how many bunks they are planning to install?
    They are planning on 25 bunks.
    The trip for the 21st is scheduled to go with no more than 18 until further notice.
    I think 18 will be a good number to start with. We can see how many people can fish without feeling crowded.

16. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

I am okay with the 21st if I don't get picked for jury. I am suppossed to report for jury duty on the 20th. They don't pick me and I am in. How is that for short notice?

Don't go to jury duty. Just act like you never received the notice. They do not send it certified mail. Go fishing instead. Don't tell your boss though, lol!:D

17. rtran

rtran Senior Member

If such a good fishing is going on in our area, it takes only a few hours to get 15 guys. :) You guys have too many reasons not to go. :)

I am surprised we do not have many people ready to go also.

18. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Don't go to jury duty. Just act like you never received the notice. They do not send it certified mail. Go fishing instead. Don't tell your boss though, lol!:D

Hmmmm. Maybe, if I can stand the guilt of not fulfilling my civic duty. I do have a great out from work. You have the wheels turning. So how many people are in so far? Post up...

19. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I am surprised we do not have many people ready to go also.
    It tells how great fishing is in Gulf of Mexico. They take it as granted to catch yft anytime they want.
    I missed so many great opportunities as I thought I coudl do it later, but some never happened again. I was invited to go giant bluefin on Sunday and I didn't hesitate to say yes as such an opportunity doesn't come often.
    One boat landed a 860 lbs giant dressed yesterday.

20. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

if this trip was cheaper i'd go :(

are you going to NC for bluefin? Good luck for the ultimate fish on a jig :)