Shore Casting Set-Up & Hook-Up Using Shrimp!

Discussion in 'Fish Species and Techniques' started by Scuba Chris, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Scuba Chris

Scuba Chris Active Member

How To Shore Cast Using Shrimp!

This tutorial is for the beginning angler on how to set-up your equipment to bait cast from shore. Today i'll be using frozen shrimp but will collect live bait (ie crab & glass shrimp) as back up. My main bait casting rig is a custom 13'3" IRW rod with a Shimano Ultegra 5500 CI4. My second rig is a Okuma 10'9" T-40X with a Shimano C3000 Stradic. I'll be casting using the IRW but latter on i'll also quickly rig the Okuma as well, both with frozen shrimp.

This tutorial will visually show how i rig my bait casting rig, better then pointing at a drawing. If you want to just view how it caught a Omilu (Bluefin Trevally) go to time frame 13:48 to see the action.

This method works with all live/dead baits from shrimp, fish, squid to crab for most species under 50lb (for bigger fish i'd add a rub line). In murky water i use cork to suspend the bait off the bottom for predators who visualize their prey. You don't have to use the same equipment that i employ but the technique i use does work. Use it as a template & vary it for your style, location & species you're targeting.

Attached Files: