Shimano Trolling Series Specs?

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by boarderdav, Jul 28, 2009.

1. boarderdav

boarderdav Junior member

Does anyone know what the reargrip length on the shimano tallus stump trolling series rod is? I have not been able to find a reference telling me this information. The catelog only gives the length of the foregrip. I know that it is a unibutt but i didnt know how long it was. Any help?

Specs are:
    5'8" TLTSTH2SS Heavy Fast 40-80 E 10.0" AFTCO® Black
    & Custom Shimano Tip+5

2. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

doesnt it say...5'8"

it looks like you buy just the "tip" which is 4'3"
    and pick the butt you want as a option, usually about 17-23"

3. boarderdav

boarderdav Junior member

I thought the 5'8" length you are referring to was the total length. other models specify only the blade to be about 4'6". The model i was looking at was the stump trolling series. You may be right about it only specifying the blade length. I knew that the trolling series rods had longer butts on them but i thought the stump might be a little shorter and I didnt know how long that was. Other rods i have and use have about 12" or less length on the butt. Good for standup after trolling for tuna.

Any other recommendations for a standup/trolling tuna rod? I am going to put it on a Tiagra 30W. Looking to have Aftco hardware, silicon carbide guides, not rollers. And trying to spend less than $500 bucks. Thanks for the help.

4. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

IAny other recommendations for a standup/trolling tuna rod? I am going to put it on a Tiagra 30W. Looking to have Aftco hardware, silicon carbide guides, not rollers. And trying to spend less than $500 bucks. Thanks for the help.
    for that kind of money (or less)you can something this this.
    ALL aftco seat and gimbal..FUJI SIc guides..give me a call 610-571-7734
    http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f67/acid-wrapped-ss-xxh-review-5167/

click the You tube in this one. and seeem working.
    http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f4/acid-rods-venice-la-tuna-heart-eating-fun-5883/