360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 6 of these reels that have been in continuous use for around 20 years. They have never been apart and are still in good shape. I'd like to tear them down and give them a rebuild but haven't had much luck finding drag or any other parts. Anybody have any ideas for me? Thanks.

·
717 Posts
Contact Dawn from smoothdrags and order a set or carbontex drags and some new bearings and you should be good for another 20 years. LOL

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked out their website and didn't see the triton parts listed, but I'll take your advice and give them a call anyway. Thanks.

·
131 Posts
Are you talking about the old Shimano Triton Trolling Series? The TTS-30? Great reels along with the Beastmaster series!

Yes, I've taken mine apart to service. You won't find the drag washers anywhere -- they were a propietary Shimano design and Shimano stopped servicing them long ago.

There is a guy in San Diego who bought up all the stock he could find. I have Glenn's contact info at home -- great guy. He taught me how to do mine. Will post it later tonight if this is what you're looking for.

BTW, sweet looking boat!

PB

·
453 Posts
actually, you can make your own drag washers. get the thickness of the washer that you have and get in touch with dawn at smoothdrag.com.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help.

"Are you talking about the old Shimano Triton Trolling Series? The TTS-30? Great reels along with the Beastmaster series!

Yes, I've taken mine apart to service. You won't find the drag washers anywhere -- they were a propietary Shimano design and Shimano stopped servicing them long ago.

There is a guy in San Diego who bought up all the stock he could find. I have Glenn's contact info at home -- great guy. He taught me how to do mine. Will post it later tonight if this is what you're looking for."

Grift... I would like to talk with this guy. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts