Shimano Trinidad30 DC

Discussion in 'Reels' started by Redfishon, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Redfishon

Redfishon Senior Member

Just bought one of these anyone got one?. I have a Torium looks alot alike..I got a screaming deal on it. Was going to buy a AVET but couldnt pass this deal up..I might be willing to trade it for a used 18000-20000 Stella if anyone is intrested. It is barnd new in box.

2. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

I've got one hoping to have a conventional that would cast as well as my spinners. It didn't work out as welll as I'd hoped. It didn't get quite the distance that my Stellas do and every now and again (too often) I would get a bird's nest in spectra. A joy with an expensive popper on the water. I don't think Shimano uses exactly the same cast control on the Trinisthat they use on the Calcuttas. Hope yours works out better. If anyone wants to try one I've got one, used once, CHEAP.

Fred

3. d-a

d-a Senior Member

I've got one hoping to have a conventional that would cast as well as my spinners. It didn't work out as welll as I'd hoped. It didn't get quite the distance that my Stellas do and every now and again (too often) I would get a bird's nest in spectra. A joy with an expensive popper on the water. I don't think Shimano uses exactly the same cast control on the Trinisthat they use on the Calcuttas. Hope yours works out better. If anyone wants to try one I've got one, used once, CHEAP.

Fred

Fred was yours a 30? I thought it was a 40

d-a

4. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

No, it's a 30. Think it might work better with mono. Was thinking about putting 100 yards of 50 momoi diamond on it and giving it another fling.

Fred

5. d-a

d-a Senior Member

No, it's a 30. Think it might work better with mono. Was thinking about putting 100 yards of 50 momoi diamond on it and giving it another fling.

Fred

Yea it might work, I remember you didn't give it to long of a try either on the Big E last summer.

d-a

6. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Sold the reel to Scott a while ago. I'm sticking with my coffe grinders.

Fred