360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wifey just bought me a Stella 8000PG and a Shimano T-Curve Deep Jig 400 as a Bday present. Yup I was shocked! :eek: The T-Curve is a 2 piece butt joint. Uses carbon fiber bindings (is this kinda like the thread they used to bind the guides?). I'm wondering if anyone has used this rod before. Did some research on the internet, and found out that Nomad uses the T-Curve on their charters. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
131 Posts
I've seen the T-Curve rod for sale on the Melton's Tackle website, but not in person. Melton's description says the rod is made by Ian Miller in Oz. I wonder if it's the same blank in the Shimano Blue Rose, Jigwrex and T-Curve? Not sure what the warranty would be? At $300 it's more than the normal Shimano Trevala's.

Anyone know the pedigree of the rod?

Tom

·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can say that it's definitely different from the Blue Rose blank. Here's what the tag says attached to the rod.
- Fuji Guides
- Fast Tip Action
- Dynamic Blank Power
- 3 Ply Weave Graphite Blank Construction
- Ergonomic Handle Design
The T-Curve series was developed by Shimano to provide you with a quality rod that will give you maximum performance. The rods feature 3 ply weave graphite blank construction manufactured with a special curing process to provide dynamic blank power. Quality componentry including Fuji or Aftco Guides insure the TCurve range is sure to be the benchmark for Bluewater and IGFA rated rods in Australia.

I did a 25lb dead lift with it yesterday. I like it, plus it's a 2 piece butt joint so it's easy to transport.

·
93 Posts
Hi.

I got one with a Saltiga 40 on it.
Not a bad rod. But goes flat on any decent fish.
Ok to about 45\50 lbers.
2 pce for transit, reason I got it.

They ok for the money. But better out there.

Macka17

·
30 Posts
Castmaster,

The Shimano T-Curve rods are designed by Ian Miller (Australia's rod buliding authority) for Shimano Australia. It's a heavy jig rod, full Fuji SIC and ferruled in the handle for easy travel.

Ian has been working with Shimano Australia for years helping them with product design, specs etc. He DOES NOT build these rods personally, they are built at one of the high end factories in Asia.

As for the action, they are nice...They are heavier then anything shimano USA brings in, that's why I import them.

There is a 200 Gram Spinning and a Casting and a 400gram spin and Cast 4 models total.

For the money $330 approx, they are great value and easy to travel with.

Tracy

·
12 Posts
Hi Castmaster.
I have just come back from a 2 week stint on the Diamond Islets with Nomad.
Yes they do use the T-Curve jig rods, and strokers....alot. Those rods get a hell of a hammering out there with the Nomad boys and stand up to some serious abuse from anglers, Dogtooth tuna, Marlin, Sharks, Big GT's and anything else out there. I saw Ripple Fishers break, other rods too, but the T-Curves took it all and had more to give. We had the drags locked up over free spool and levers set down to sunset with over 30kgs of drag and many times in any single day, big dogtooth bricking us like they're going for a walk in the park. The T-curve Strokers could take it but the Tiagra's 30W LRS's didnt have the grunt to do the job. We also used the T-curve jigging rods matched with Torsas, again no problem with the rods, but the Torsas were way outclassed. After the fiorst day out, I did not bother to take out my Jigging Master 500g custom and Accurate Because I felt there just was not enough power to handle a good Doggy hell bent on hiting the reef. Don't worry about the T-Curve, just worry about which reel can match its output !!!

·
47 Posts
macka17,

What better rods do you recommend that also break down into a two piece for ease of travel?

I know, i'm highjacking the thread a bit...

Ed

·
781 Posts
As for the action, they are nice...They are heavier then anything shimano USA brings in, that's why I import them.

"There is a 200 Gram Spinning and a Casting and a 400gram spin and Cast 4 models total.

For the money $330 approx, they are great value and easy to travel with.

Tracy "

Got any (T-curves) to pull on at the store? or is it strictly a catalog item? And when are OTI's new toy's arriving?
Michael

1 - 12 of 12 Posts