360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Large Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the picture of stella 8000 fa was posted by another user in a post. but i was curious about the gears in display in it. what are the gears 4 and 5 made of? are they or one of them plastic?

thank you

·
1,025 Posts
4 and 5 are metal and embedded in grease. The cover (1 = #8242) is on the right side of the reel. The bearings are very small and the spacer Alan spoke of is tiny.

·
Large Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4 and 5 are metal and embedded in grease. The cover (1 = #8242) is on the right side of the reel. The bearings are very small and the spacer Alan spoke of is tiny.

Thank you Belly. in truth I'm so mechanically challenged I dont get half what they said about spacers and gears. Those two gears looked like plastic in this picture ,especialy #5, and I wanted someone to tell me. Now I know they are both metal. Thank you

·
** Pak Lurah **
1,077 Posts
the picture of stella 8000 fa was posted by another user in a post. but i was curious about the gears in display in it. what are the gears 4 and 5 made of? are they or one of them plastic?

thank you
Some kind of aluminum on the gears #4 and #5.
On the spacer is kind of teflon.

G

·
This is why I will never ever look or touch inside a reel I have no clue what i would be doing.
yeah im with you. i might try and service a US-made star drag reel (i.e. not my ocea)...since then if i embarass myself ill just send it in. by might i mean i likely won't.

·
Large Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much for the replies. another question. i am still studying the photos and learning :)

in this photo, what is the idel gear #4 (8280) made of?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts