Shimano Service A++++

Discussion in 'Reel Repair' started by Drifter, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

The Handle Shank Assy broke on my Stella 20K on the DSH Pelican last week, . I contacted Shimano and they sold me the part @ $52 (my reel is 2 years old). I also ordered a handle screw cap @ $11 for my TwinPower 8000 using the Sustain 8000 model part number.The parts arrived in 3 days with $0 on the invoice. :D That's great service!

By the way, it's a SW 20K.

2. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

3. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

I've had to order a handle for a Twinpower 8000 (ordered a Stella handle) and several other small parts from Shimano. None of the parts had broken, only got lost. I've never had a charge for any of the parts. Yeah, I've received great service from Shimano also.

Fred

4. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

I have an excellent solution for broken Stella parts which I learned from either Gunsmoke or Mr Bill (I always get those two mixed up):eek: :

Use Twinspins. :D

Russ

5. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

I've never broken one, i've only lost or misplaced parts. And Russ, you OWN Twinspins, very little used. When you going fishing, hombre?

Fred

6. DanS

DanS Senior Member

In reading various posts, many mention sending their Shimano reels in for annual servicing. Is there a charge for this maintenance? Does it only apply to their higher-end reels?

7. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

dans
    there is no reason or sense to their billing. i have been charged for some service and cleaning and the next time they don't charge. i have requested parts and have been charged and not charged. just the luck of the draw. once i sent them 7 trinidads for cleaning and service and they charged me nothing. sent them 6 tiagra's and they charged me over $200. so just be prepared and hope for the best....rick