360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Handle Shank Assy broke on my Stella 20K on the DSH Pelican last week, . I contacted Shimano and they sold me the part @ $52 (my reel is 2 years old). I also ordered a handle screw cap @ $11 for my TwinPower 8000 using the Sustain 8000 model part number.The parts arrived in 3 days with $0 on the invoice. :D That's great service!

By the way, it's a SW 20K.

·
638 Posts
I've had to order a handle for a Twinpower 8000 (ordered a Stella handle) and several other small parts from Shimano. None of the parts had broken, only got lost. I've never had a charge for any of the parts. Yeah, I've received great service from Shimano also.

Fred

·
1,105 Posts
I have an excellent solution for broken Stella parts which I learned from either Gunsmoke or Mr Bill (I always get those two mixed up):eek: :

Use Twinspins. :D

Russ

·
133 Posts
In reading various posts, many mention sending their Shimano reels in for annual servicing. Is there a charge for this maintenance? Does it only apply to their higher-end reels?

G

·
dans
there is no reason or sense to their billing. i have been charged for some service and cleaning and the next time they don't charge. i have requested parts and have been charged and not charged. just the luck of the draw. once i sent them 7 trinidads for cleaning and service and they charged me nothing. sent them 6 tiagra's and they charged me over $200. so just be prepared and hope for the best....rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.