360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
If I have to choose to have just one jigging reel, it will be Shimano Ocea Jigger 4000P for star drag reel.
And Blue Heaven L120 for level drag reel. JMO

G

·
the blue heaven although more expensive is the cat's meow. it fits my hands better than any of the shimano's and avets that i currently own. i don't have an ocea so i can't really advise you on this decision other than i like the fact that it is a lever instead of a star drag and the crank is also very comfortable.

·
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nm. i just read where you don't have one, well, if you buy one and don't like it, i will take it off your hands.

·
1,025 Posts
Jason, I have the Ocea Jigger 4000P but I really haven't put it to the test. I also need to buy a stout rod for it as it is too much reel for my trevalas. When tested, it pulled 50 pounds of drag, or one Jerry (depending on how you measure your drag). It is very powerful.

·
1,025 Posts
How do you calibrate for one Jerry?

First, you hand him a big bottle of Mississipi Mud beer. Let him drink half of it while he tinkers with your new set up. Then, tie the line to the drag scale. Have Jerry hold the beer in his right hand and the scale in his left. One "Jerry" is the equivalent of one beer spill or a stumble by Jerry.:D

·
663 Posts
Somewhere I've got a picture of Snagged being drug across a parking lot by Scott and his 4000P! No beer was spilled either!

DBG

1 - 20 of 32 Posts