Shimano Lucanus jigs/ next best thing !!!

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Muddskipper, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Muddskipper

Muddskipper Senior Member

Not sure if any of you have seen the new Shimano Lucanus jigs....

God knows with the seas, we hav'nt been able to fish them...even if we had bought them......

Well, just like Shiamno, they have the highest prices, until a competitor comes out....this time though, BRAID was quick to react.....

With their line of Seafox and Thumper Squid........which looks almost the same.

Well to go a step further....360Tuna own Don Savage has just picked up the Braid Line of fishing gear.....not only does he make some of the finest rods on the market, and carry AVET reels....now he can get us Braid Products like these new jigs......

I got my order in to him now, and hope to show off some of my fish caught on them from the July 4th Big-E trip......

So when All you guys are looking over my shoulder wonder what the he!! is he using...now you will know....LOL

Any of you guys fished the Shimano Lucanus ones Yet ?????

Attached Files:

2. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

The Braid and Shimano jigs look a little like the Duel Salty jigs Anglers Pro Shop sells as well--do the Braid and Shimanos have dual, swinging hooks like these:

Angler's Pro Shop

3. Muddskipper

Muddskipper Senior Member

Yep....that's exactly what the Squid jigs look like....the pic above is of the
    Seafox Jig......they call that one the Thumper....

I guess everyone has got one out......

I want some reports on how they are working them

4. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

we had this discussion a few months ago. we were thinking about bringing them to market but found them to be no more or even less effective than our current jigs. after several trips field testing we choose not to produce them....rick

5. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

Better tie a big weight on it . on the big e, you'll probably be in 300ft of water and the current will probably be rippin.