Shibuki Internal View

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by MrBill, Nov 30, 2008.

1. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I was putting on some hooks this evening. I've always seen the diagram on the Shibuki on how it is made. For the heck of it I "X-Ray-ed" it. Here are the results.

First picture is the lures as you see them.(These are actually the Brabus version of the shibuki) Same lure just different color schemes and a tiny bit heavier.

Next three photo's show the internal guts.

Attached Files:

rtran likes this.
  2. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

That's cool!

Thanks for sharing.

What hooks?

K2

3. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Owner ST66 hooks.

4. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

3/0 st66 owner is the perfect hook for these lures

5. gman

gman Senior Member

GUYS just an FYI ... I have seen 66 hooks bent I would highly suggest the 76 hooks

6. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

GUYS just an FYI ... I have seen 66 hooks bent I would highly suggest the 76 hooks
    It is a trade-off. 76 is much stronger, but hard to penetrate.
    For the same reason, many guys prefer Gamatatsu treble hook instead of Owner hooks as Gamakatsu hooks are thinner and penetrate better though they know they have more chance of losing fish due to hook bent.
    I only use 76 for GT as I have had no problem using 66 for tuna yet.

7. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i havent used them extensively, but i prefer gamakatsu 4x strong 5/0 hooks for tuna. as i said...i havent used these on 100 trips or anything, but in my experience they have worked very well. i'm sure the owners are nice too, but like most things i'm sticking with what has worked for me until proven otherwise :)

actually i just bought the gamas because i went to FTU and those were the better ones that they had. i dont think ive tried the owners.

8. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

i havent used them extensively, but i prefer gamakatsu 4x strong 5/0 hooks for tuna. as i said...i havent used these on 100 trips or anything, but in my experience they have worked very well. i'm sure the owners are nice too, but like most things i'm sticking with what has worked for me until proven otherwise :)

actually i just bought the gamas because i went to FTU and those were the better ones that they had. i dont think ive tried the owners.
    The main reason I switched from Gamakatsu to Owner was I lost two nice tuna as Gamatatsu hooks were bent.
    But Mike of Peace Token tackle haven't had any problems with it though he caught more than 1000 tuna on the Gamakatsu hooks including 77" (about 280 lbs) bluefin this year. :eek:

9. pipelayer2

pipelayer2 Junior member

I can verify that the 66's penetrate me just fine :rolleyes:

Still waiting to drive them into some tuna. :D

10. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

How much do these Shibukis weigh? Are they easy to cast far with a rod such as the Tuna Sniper?

11. d-a

d-a Senior Member

How much do these Shibukis weigh? Are they easy to cast far with a rod such as the Tuna Sniper?

Regular shibuki is 90g and the souls version is supposed to be 110g(mine are not that heavy). There the perfect weight for the 40-60 tuna sniper.

d-a

1born2fish likes this.
  12. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Check them out at APS for more info. You should be able to cast them with ease using the lighter tuna sniper.

Angler's Pro Shop

13. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

I can cast the shibukis very well with an 80# tuna sniper.
    They are by far the most productive tuna casting lure for me.